RCC integration difficulty

I have done everything (to my understanding) to get the RCC integration working.
My character can enter the provided yellow car just fine, but when I set up one of the other demo cars in the same way, even creating the Get Out Pos and MoveTowards objects and attaching all the scripts in the same places, my character cant get in or out.

Sorry about creating another thread about this, but it's really holding me back at the moment :/

Any minor/strange things I may have forgotten?
I appreciate all the help I have gotten in the past and the documentation, but the RCC integration instructions are a bit lacking I think, that or I am interpreting them funny :p

Cheers, From Ben in Tasmania.

Maybe if someone could make a video where all they have imported is opsive, and RCC and the integration, and they just make another working car. I can make a character that can drive the existing yellow car just fine.

If your character can enter the demo vehicle without a problem then it sounds like it's a problem with the setup of your new vehicle. If you have scripting experience the easiest way to figure out the problem is to place a breakpoint within Drive.CanStartAbility. Where does it return early?

Is this what you meant by breakpoint?
When I am not looking at the demo car, it prints into the console "didn't work" until I am looking at it and able to get in. Once I am looking at it, it starts to print out "it worked"

The behaviour is the same when I look/don't look at my other car which isn't working, except both the messages appear again in the console even though I have them set to collapse.

Sorry for such a late reply, a lot of things came up in my home life.
All the best from Ben.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 3
Okay, so it is working, its just extremely temperamental.
I have to be looking at it at a very specific angle at a very specific distance, the demo car is kind of like this as well, but not as bad.
Any ideas?
Much appreciated, Ben.

Okay, I have it working - somewhat
What I needed to change was make sure that the move towards object has the exact same transform variables in the XYZ
This has only worked with one of my vehicles however, also once you have entered and exited my vehicle, you can not get back into it again.
The demo vehicle though you can enter/exit as many times as you like.

Last edited: