It is recommended to improve the integration of the ultimate inventory

cangcloud

I watched the integrated video tutorial with the ultimate inventory, and I found that there are many settings that must be done manually by yourself. It is not done automatically. It is recommended to make the character controller and the ultimate inventory easier to integrate, like... drag weapons, item prefabs Click the Create button to complete the file. Because it is simple, it is efficient.

Could you elaborate a bit on what you wish was done automatically?

You must create an Inventory Item to know what category the item will be in, and the category needs a Prefab(s) Attribute.
When create a Character Item you must choose the model, whether it is Melee, Shootable, Magic, etc...
Once the character Item is created you need to attach it to an Inventory Item. The Integration allows you to do this in one button.

Perhaps you wished this was all done in a single window, instead of 3? One of the reason we did not do that is because the Character Editor and Inventory Editor are both written on different architectures: IMGUI and VisualElements respectively.

In the future I may look into adding a sub panel in the integration panel that lets you create new items in a single place. Essentially it would be the Character Item Editor with an Item Category field, and it could create both the Inventory and Character Item.
Is that what you were referring to?

Could you elaborate a bit on what you wish was done automatically?

You must create an Inventory Item to know what category the item will be in, and the category needs a Prefab(s) Attribute.
When create a Character Item you must choose the model, whether it is Melee, Shootable, Magic, etc...
Once the character Item is created you need to attach it to an Inventory Item. The Integration allows you to do this in one button.

Perhaps you wished this was all done in a single window, instead of 3? One of the reason we did not do that is because the Character Editor and Inventory Editor are both written on different architectures: IMGUI and VisualElements respectively.

In the future I may look into adding a sub panel in the integration panel that lets you create new items in a single place. Essentially it would be the Character Item Editor with an Item Category field, and it could create both the Inventory and Character Item.
Is that what you were referring to?
What I mean is similar to what you said. I have used the Invector plug-in. It is much easier to create weapons and items. You only need to drag and drop the prefabs and click the mouse to complete the inventory creation. I have always believed in simplicity. High efficiency, we only need to think about what kind of game to make, think about the story content of the game, will more weapons be added in the future? Like lasers, laser rifles. In addition, there are many submachine guns that do not hold that thing in the left hand, you can see The screenshots I sent, the animation of the sniper rifle match, I hope you will add more weapons, add more melee and shooting weapons, when will the new version be released? What new things will be available? Will the ultimate inventory support VR? Because I will buy in the future VR Add-On for Opsive Character Controllers, your plugins are really great, to achieve these without sacrificing performance, it is the highest performance of all the plugins I have purchased.

Attachments

• 0a73a756-e1f8-410b-9454-de40c2521fc0_爱奇艺.jpg
    0a73a756-e1f8-410b-9454-de40c2521fc0_爱奇艺.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 4b671728-c281-45a2-9d08-5c30ee5ef212_scaled_爱奇艺.jpg
    4b671728-c281-45a2-9d08-5c30ee5ef212_scaled_爱奇艺.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 4ecfe02a-ed03-40aa-9c32-06cf0c1bfeab_爱奇艺.jpg
    4ecfe02a-ed03-40aa-9c32-06cf0c1bfeab_爱奇艺.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
We try to make things as simple as possible, but there is a lot of flexibility in how you can configure our assets so you can't really make a single editor that does everything for you. What works for your project will not work for somebody elses. I actually think that is an advantage because it doesn't restrict you at all in what you can do.

With that said, if you have specific use cases that you think would be able to be made easier please let us know.

We try to make things as simple as possible, but there is a lot of flexibility in how you can configure our assets so you can't really make a single editor that does everything for you. What works for your project will not work for somebody elses. I actually think that is an advantage because it doesn't restrict you at all in what you can do.

With that said, if you have specific use cases that you think would be able to be made easier please let us know.
I hope you can create inventory in a window in the next update. Your ultimate inventory is very flexible, but the ultimate inventory is too complicated. I hope you can simplify the process of creating inventory to the greatest extent, and add more weapons, such as laser rifles, lasers, dual armed melee weapons, etc. in addition, you can add more skills, such as stealth skills, to enchant weapons, Melee weapon skills and so on. You should add custom skills creation function, so that we can create our own melee skills, magic skills.