height change not working

In the link, I describe how I fixed the issue but it is by implementing InControl and scripting a little bit to adapt to my situation. I didn't share the script for the moment but it is beneficial for anyone then I might do it in the dedicated section of the forum.

Last edited:
Just to add to this. I got the same issue updating to 2.2.7 (unity2019.4.14f1). Easily reproduced in a clean install by plugging a controller in.
It persists with a unity update to 16f1.
This is happening with a generic 360 controller that has always worked before so I dont think this is down to unity's input system?

Yes, I have a colleague who met the same after updating the last version. I think you are right. I suppose a mistmatch with the crounch somewhere in the mapping input of UCC...

I was curious what had changed and looking into it this post caused the issue:

If you revert that change then it should be like before. I'll figure something else out for dodge.

I have to say, I'm having issues with crouch not standing back up as well. I have no additional controllers plugged in. Sometimes while mashing the C key the player appears to stand for an instant, then snaps right back into a crouch. If a melee weapon is present the arm carrying it "bucks" or jumps for an split second. If you aim while crouched and press C, the character quickly stands and then crouches again. All other key controls appear to work.

I had the crouch problem discussed on this thread on Unity 2020.1 and the latest version of Ultimate Character Controller. I debugged the opsive code and verified my input manager setup all day to learn how this stuff is working and get a ps4 controller working the way I want. I found a few solutions to the crouch problem. I've sent an email to opsive about what I did. You can change Ability.cs to skip a frame before evaluating new input. You can also change the start type to button down continuous instead of button down for Height Change as a quick fix. The issue for me was not related to using a game controller, but it did seem like the problem is worse with a game controller. I don't know if it is ok to post source code from their project, since it is a paid unity asset, so I sent the code to them to let them determine if this is worth changing in a future version.

Thanks Justin. FYI: I sent Justin a suggested fix that keeps both crouch and dodge (from the agility pack) working at the same time.