Mouse sensitivity

sneekyo

I'm trying to make a UI slider that controls the mouse sensitivity, right now I've set it to unityinput - look sensitivity multiplier, which I thought was working, because inside the editor it does work. But once built into a actual program, inside the game it doesn't work. What is the best way to do this?

Haven't seen this before - the look sensitivity multiplier only applies if you're using the "smoothed" look type - maybe something is changing this when you create a build? I'm not sure why that would be happening though... Maybe you could do a dev build with logging and check if the expected calculations are happening in PlayerInput.FixedUpdate? (E.g. log the value of m_LookSensitivity)

Can I ask you Andrew, if you were to control mouse sensitivity via UI, what is the best, and most simple way for me to do this?

Assuming you can work out the source of the issue with the look sensitivity multiplier, then you'd just adjust this value directly based on a UI slider or some other input. You can just set PlayerInput.LookSensitivityMultiplier directly.

that's what I did, but I is that the best way to adjust the sensitivity or is there a better way with the UFPS controller?

What I've noticed is I have a set faster sensitivity when I play in the editor, but when I build it's really slow, is it possible it's switching the input from mouse smoothing to a different type of input like raw? Is that something that could happen?

Hm the only reason I can think of for this is a significant difference in framerate between the editor and build (I believe framerate caps don't do anything in the editor). I believe the smoothing is framerate-independent, but the mouse movement itself might not be? It's been a while since I've looked at the mouse input calculations. If you try setting the input look vector mode to "raw", see if there's any difference between the editor and build.