Chest Setup

Rene

Hello I am having some issues when I tried to setup a chest as shown here...

integration.png

this is the chest...

chest.png

this is the inspector...

inspector.png

this is the hierarchy...

(more to follow...)

hierachy.png

here are the issue...

errors1.png

the above errors happen in runtime...

when the character steps into the box collider trigger these errors appear, however the canvas works as shown here first..

runtime.png

the errors however are...

(more to follow)

the errors are..

error2.png

please note that i created my inventory database by duplicating the...

emptydb.png

as described in the UCC/UIS video tutorial and the only item i created was a sword!

Can you help me understand this error please?

i used the following scripts from the demo and UIS system scripts...

inventory.cs from Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/Core/InventoryCollections

chest.cs from Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/Demo/Scripts/UI/Menus/Chest

intractable.cs from Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/Interactions

and chestinteactable.ca from Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/Demo/Scripts/UI/Menus/Chest

runtime2.png

after i select the sword from the chest it goes into my hand and also my main inventory.

inventory.png

Last edited:
I also have an animator on the chest but it does not open as yours does in the demo scene.

the demo scene of which i am speaking is shown here in the project list...

project.png

i think i might have solved my chest animation issue...i have been studying the chest.cs script from the demo scene and may need to tweak the code the work with my chest animator...but i think i know enough C# to be dangerous but i will give the old college try!

i tweaked my animator to work the same as your chest animator. May I ask why the chest has a chest avatar? Mine doesn't but curious about that.

I'm glad you figured out the animation issue with your chest.
We use an avatar for the chest because we animated the chest outside of Unity. If you animate it within Unity you won't need one. Since it is a simple hinge rotation animating it in Unity makes perfect sense.

As for the error you are getting.

"The Item Description has a category attribute box set ...."

Essentially this means you have a component (the Item Description) which is referencing item categories from another database (the demo database most likely).
So go find your ItemDescription component within the chest menu and remove (or replace) the Category attribute box set. Most likely the currency UI within the description is also pointing to the wrong database so make sure to change that too.

In the future I will look into a solution such that if a similar category already exist in the loaded database it'll use that category instead of the one set in the inspector, it'll avoid errors like the ones you have.