Is there any input buffer?

zaguarman

I was searching for it with no luck. Is there any?

If not would be very happy to get some indications on where to build it.

Thanks.

Can you give more detail for what you are looking for?

Im trying to save the inputs of the player within a given time frame and activate them as soon as possible. For example the Super Smash Ultimate where you can push attack while a recovery animation is being played and it will attack as soon as possible without the need to do a perfect timing just at the end of the animation.

Here an example explained in more detail:

Ah - there isn't anything built in but for that you could create a custom ability starter:

Ah - there isn't anything built in but for that you could create a custom ability starter:

Hi Justin,

I was looking at the code and I'm not sure how to build the Input Buffer class. It seems the player input is directly attached to the different abilities so they run just after input was made.

Could you give me some more advice aproaching this topic? Im currently very new to game dev but I really want to get it right.

Take a look at the ComboTimeout Ability Starter that is included for a starting example. You could queue inputs within a new list and then decide if an ability should start with the CanInputStartAbility method.