Recent content by Zurigan

1. Z

How to update Variable Property Mapping?

Ah, excellent ... I'm just grateful I'd bothered to type it up here as I didn't have my hack in source control, lost it when I updated BD (eek!) :)
  2. Z

Just as a heads-up, found myself back here after updating to the latest BD - had to re-download the source and re-implement my hack/fix to get things working, again.
  3. Z

As per my 'FWIW' at the end - this doesn't work either. The mapping gets created on the behavior tree correctly, then setting the external tree copies the mapping over but skips adding the getter/setters. The end result is the same - a mapping that 'looks' fine in the editor but doesn't work.
  4. Z

Performance getting nuked by GizmoManager

Thanks for the offer, think I'll leave this for now as planning on looking at/maybe changing more of the BD code. As an aside is there any way to see what 'version' of BD I have when downloading the source?
  5. Z

Finally tracked this down to this code in SharedVariable.cs: if (!BehaviorManager.IsPlaying || !(behaviorSource.Owner.GetObject() is Behavior)) { return; } The issue is behaviorSource.Owner is of type ExternalBehaviorTree ... so the mGetter/mGetter are never set. I fixed this by changing...
  6. Z

The issue is that if I set property mappings after initializing the tree then the mapping doesn't work. The mapping is visible in the BD Editor, it 'looks' fine, but updating the underlying property doesn't do anything - the tree values won't ever reflect the underlying property value.
  7. Z

I ran into a problem using the above while setting external the external behavior tree through code. If you Init() the pooled trees, as per the example code, then setting new mappings like this seems to get ignored. I 'fixed' this by taking out the Init() completely. Then setting property...
  8. Z

Performance getting nuked by GizmoManager

The screenshot shows what happens with ~1000 behavior trees going in and out of a pool. The underlying issue is that enabling one behavior causes two EditorPrefs requests for every behavior. For now I 'fixed' this by downloading the source and commenting out #if UNITY_EDITOR || DLL_DEBUG ||...
  9. Z

Performance issue when loading behaviour tree

Hrm, spent a few fruitless hours picking at this ... tried using https://github.com/force-net/DeepCloner but that turned out to be much slower, tried using a couple of other clone/copy solutions (https://github.com/MarcinJuraszek/CloneExtensions...
  10. Z

Hi @Justin ... just checking in to see if any progress made on this. Thanks!
  11. Z

Awesome, would be a fantastic improvement to the asset. Good luck!
  12. Z

Yup ... each monster entity/gameobject/agent only uses the same, single, external tree. If I spawn 100 entities the deserialization runs 100 times, If I then remove them to their pool and respawn them it doesn't run again. Is this expected behavior? Sure ... I'm just missing the underlying...
  13. Z

Ah great, many thanks ... I've added this extension method to my project: public static void SetPropertyMapping(this BehaviorTree tree, string treeVariableName, string mapping, GameObject owner) { var sharedVariable = tree.GetVariable(treeVariableName)...
  14. Z

Thanks for the reply ... in my case, this would add something like a 3-5s operation while I pre-pooled hundreds of trees ... and this is running on my local computer, I'm assuming it'll be a lot slower on some mobile devices which would push it into the non-viable realm. I did notice that...
  15. Z

Hi Justin, found this post as I was having the same issue. In my game, I have potentially several hundred entities running around each with a behavior tree running. I'm using a pooling system (if the entities get reused from the pool I don't see another tree deserialization), all of the entities...