Recent content by zambii

1. Z

InControl Rebinding

I just did that and that is the correct solution. For anyone searching for this before the asset is updated just add the get accessor to that property: public PlayerActionSet ActionSet { get { return m_Bindings as PlayerActionSet; } //<---- Like so. set...
  2. Z

InControl Rebinding

Hello, I need a little bit of help with the InControl integration for UCC. I'm trying to change the 'ActionSet' of the character but because the 'ActionSet' field in the character does not have the 'get' accessor I am unable to change it according to InControl's API. This is the line of code...
  3. Z

Index out of range exception on Pick Up Item

Didn't know that was a requirement, thanks! This helped with the itemsets activating the correct one. For the UI issue, I found out that while the pistols had the correct monitor to them, the kicks did not and that is what was toggling off the UI when picking up the new weapon. Thanks a lot for...
  4. Z

I also noticed that when I start it adds two additional itemsets at the bottom for some reason: and if I pick up the item when no item set is active then the UI is updated correctly:
  5. Z

This is how the item setup is: and they both seem to have the correct UIMonitor ID (0 for right and 1 for left):
  6. Z

This is the starting inventory: and this is the Item set:
  7. Z

I see that is actually a better idea, but because some of the information I needed is private I refrained from doing any changes to the scripts so instead, I did an external workaround which is working just fine. I did what you said about subclassing them, can't believe I didn't think of it...
  8. Z

It is a 'custom' ability but all I did was duplicate PickUpItem.cs and rename the class to PickUpWeapon so there should be no reason why one throws an error and the other one does not. I also added this couple of lines inside CanStartAbility(): ItemDefinitionBase pistolDefinition =...
  9. Z

Hello, it's me again with another question I seem not to be able to find the answer to. ? I was able to update to the newest UCC version and it's great! Everything had a smooth transition and is working perfectly fine. There is only one thing that, for some reason that I can't figure out, is...
  10. Z

Overlapping item pick ups not updating? (UCC 2.1.10)

Sorry for the late response. Yes, a restart did the trick for the layers, thanks!
  11. Z

That is good to know, however, I did get it to work with another method. I had both abilities detect the same layers, so I separated the item pick-ups, one to one layer and the other to a different layer and now they get detected properly and have no issues. So I'll consider this done but I'd...
  12. Z

Yes, I am using trigger detection. So the other modes will be updated every frame? or only while the character moves like all other abilities?
  13. Z

The thing is I require a specific input to pick up weapons and a different one for ammo, having one ability would not allow that right? Also if it is one ability it will force the player to pick up items by order of detection rather than by optional choice right (i.e. if it detected the weapon...
  14. Z

Hello, so I have two ItemPickUp abilities because I want the player to be able to pick up weapons with a specific button and the ammo with another. I also require the player to currently have the weapon that the ammo belongs to in order to pick up the ammo (i.e. must have a pistol to pick up...
  15. Z

How to cap the inventory size to a max amount without Ultimate Inventory?

For versions 2.2+ you want to use Andrew's solution.