Recent content by Xaon

1. X

Conditional aborts not working as I expected in hierarchical setup.

Thanks Justin. Video in link helped me found an error in setup. I needed to set abort type to lower priority in chase target branch (middle state of aggro branch). Now enemy is responsive.
  2. X

Conditional aborts not working as I expected in hierarchical setup.

Hello. I want to tap into the question. This is my tree: What I'm currently trying to achieve is to have two main states: Aggro (right branch) and Patrol (left branch). Within Aggro state I want to have 3 substates: attack (with condition that target is within range), chase (with condition...
  3. X

Extending variable type list for blackboard

Thanks for pointing that out. Issue was that shared variables are expected to be in BehaviorDesigner.Runtime namespace. I think it would be good to add this info to the docs here: https://opsive.com/support/documentation/behavior-designer/variables/creating-shared-variables/
  4. X

I think that I almost found solution. Moving SharedGroundWaypointGroup.cs file under Assets\Behavior Designer\Runtime\Variables folder allowed Behavior Designer to pick up the new type and add it to list. Don't know if I missed that in docs or if it wasn't mentioned there. Now the problem...
  5. X

Actually for test purposes I'd like to assign them on prefab instance directly in scene first. But thanks for link. Still this doesn't help me with achieving a type-safe and robust reference propagation. Well, patrol points aren't even best example. They're just a current working thing I'm...
  6. X

Hi Justin. Thanks for reply but it doesn't (fully) answer my question. What I need is a single point of entry for spawning code to assign a reference which all tasks in the behaviour tree will use. At the same time I want spawner to know only about behaviour tree but not tasks. And similarly I...
  7. X

Bump I'll be ok with importing source code and adding any boilerplate code if needed. Simply pointer to where those types are defined will be very helpful.
  8. X

Hey I've created custom shared variables that stores references to some custom components. I'd like to assign them in a way so many tasks within behaviour tree can reference the same component. Full case goes like this: I have component that is a container for patrol points. I want to assign...