Recent content by wizard

1. wizard

PUN suddenly demanding I attach a "look source" out of nowhere.

Thanks! It has worked this way: private void SwitchCharacters(GameObject m_Char1, GameObject m_Char2) { var prevCharacter = m_Char1; var spawnedCharacter = m_Char2; // Enable Char2...
  2. wizard

Here is what is going on step by step: 0. Starting with Char1 as the playable one Char1.LookSource is Main Camera (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Camera.CameraController) Char1.LocalLookSource is disabled Char2.LookSource is null Char2.LocalLookSource is enabled No errors spam here 1...
  3. wizard

Thanks, it works for a single character well. Another way is disabling/enabling of the RestrictRotation ability, however, you have to adjust its values. So this option is preferred. However, the switching between characters is still spamming these errors. The first switching (from 1st char to...
  4. wizard

Since I am not an experienced UCC/TCP user yet I took that code from the aforementioned thread. Could you please provide a code snippet on how to switch between the local look source and the camera controller properly?
  5. wizard

There are two things: 1. As I said above, I use it to convert Third person characters from playable to AI and vice versa. The purpose is the creating of a gameplay just like in VtM: Redemption where you control a single character at a time and others are following as AIs...
  6. wizard

Still presented for me in 2.2.3. This is how I reproduce it now during cutscenes playing. When a cutscene is started I run this code: Opsive.Shared.Events.EventHandler.ExecuteEvent(m_Character, "OnEnableGameplayInput", false); var CharacterLocomotion =...
  7. wizard

Justin, please help. Still cannot get it working while using the converting functions of SpawnCharacter.cs. I use just two characters (ValkyrieX and AceNolan) for now and try to get the switching between them working properly. I edited the functions for my purpose. I am using just one camera for...
  8. wizard

Standard prefab for both main and ai characters

Nice, it has helped me too. However, it is UMA Bone Builder that you need to run once again, not UMA Character Builder.
  9. wizard

Cinemachine and control of a third person character with UMA

Also, another example from the SwtichCharacters snippet. Is it a proper one? var playerInput = prevCharacter.GetComponent<Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Input.PlayerInput>(); playerInput.enabled = false; var handler =...
  10. wizard

I've found this snippet. As far as I understand it could be used here. private void OnEnableGameplayInput(bool enable) { // Force stop the ability if the character no longer has input. if (!enable && IsActive) { StopAbility(true)...
  11. wizard

I wonder if there is a best practice on how to take control of a character with UMA to properly rotate/move it and also use its abilities in a Cinemachine cut-scene. So the designing of cut-scenes would be efficient enough. And return control to a user once a cut-scene is over.
  12. wizard

Equipping and activating energy sword blade?

I now got a question regarding the Unequip event. I play an animation that scales the item from zero to a specific size during the OnEquip event which works fine. However, when I play another animation that does opposite during the OnUnequip event, nothing happens, the item simply disappears. Is...
  13. wizard

It looks like this one is correct item.GetComponent<ThirdPersonPerspectiveItem>().Object
  14. wizard

And how the visible object can be accessed? Should it work? item.GetComponent<PerspectiveItem>(); // or item.GetComponent<Items.ThirdPersonPerspectiveItem>()