Recent content by ..Tom..

1. T

How to debug Unity Analytics messages ?

Unfortunately, I have no more information than what I posted above. This is from the Unity Analytics backend. I have not yet been able to reproduce this issue in testing. I don't even know what the issue is and no player has reported a bug that sounds like it could be it. Probably this just...
  2. T

How to debug Unity Analytics messages ?

I've got this bug report from Unity Analytics and I wonder if I can even start figuring out what's causing it or if there's just not enough info. And how can I make sure Unity Analytics gets enough info?
  3. T

Triggering Events from Code and Parameters

I've re-written the tree using conditionals instead, which works for me. I wonder though which solution is better? Using events as I try above, or using conditional evaluators like this:
  4. T

Triggering Events from Code and Parameters

I've got a similar issue to https://www.opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/event-system-examples.4221/ but couldn't fix it with the answer there nor the examples in the documentation. I am trying to build a behavior where the AI continues with a given task until it receives an event to start...
  5. T

Bug in FindWithTag

The FindWithTag task will error out if random is set to true and no game objects with that tag exist. My proposed fix is to add a line checking for that: public override TaskStatus OnUpdate() { if (random.Value) { var gameObjects =...
  6. T

WithinDistance wrong OverlapSphere

Not 100% sure about line numbers because I edited it, but for me the "if (usePhysics2D)" check is on line 71 and the Overlap checks on 72 and 79 (should be 77 without my added code, I think).
  7. T

WithinDistance wrong OverlapSphere

There seems to be a bug in the WithinDistance task. Where it decides between 3D or 2D physics, the OverlapSphere and OverlapCircle are the wrong way around (i.e. it uses OverlapCircle for 3D and OverlapSphere for 2D physics).
  8. T

Variable Syncing with subtrees

I think I'm lost a bit as well. :-) So, to inherit variables - do I have to define the variable in the subtree and then its value is automatically set, or do I not have to define it and the whole variable, including types, values, name is inherited?
  9. T

Cinemachine Integration

Player. There was a mistake in the first answer. I also use Behavior on my Player.
  10. T

Also, why isn't there? Can't you inspect all external trees and check for references? Performance etc. might make it impractical, but in theory?
  11. T

Got it. So if I were to put there "Dynamic" and use the name of the parent tree, it should work as long as I don't reference the subtree from a parent tree that doesn't have these variables, right?
  12. T

It doesn't inherit anything in my case, possibly because both behavior trees are external behavior trees. Thus the subtree actually knows nothing about the parent tree, it seems. At least in the editor, I cannot use those variables and they don't appear in any dropdown menus on Tasks.
  13. T

Am I using the wrong thing, maybe? I am using Tree References so far. I see the "Start Behavior Tree" Task has a "synchronize variables" option. Should I be using that instead?
  14. T

I'm using an external behavior tree to replicate a sequence of tasks I am repeating at multiple places throughout my tree. The tree has a number of variables from the parent tree it needs to know about. Things like NavMeshAgent speed, angular speed, destination, etc. but also others. It works...
  15. T

HasReceivedEvent cannot use the lowest variable

I find the same problem in SendEvent, actually. It is only the last/lowest variable, and if I re-order I can select it (and can't select whatever is the last/lowest then). Using version 1.6.6 Unity Version 2020.1.9f1