Recent content by splinedrew

1. S

Move Cursor Panel No Longer Used for Move Item?

Ok after chasing down a rabbit hole of debugging - I got it all sorted. There was one spot in my inspector where the Slot Cursor was not assigned correctly. So yes, user error again for me! Thank you for helping and apologies if you spent much/any time chasing this one down.
  2. S

I don't necessarily need the Item View to spawn as a child of the Move Cursor Panel, my problem is player 2s Item View is spawning onto Player 1s canvas, but it previously was working so all of the cursor IDs should be set up correctly. I thought that the change to the Move Cursor Panel could be...
  3. S

It looks like something might have changed in one of the recent updates regarding the Move Item Action. When using the Move Item Action not by dragging with a cursor (so using gamepad, WASD etc.), the item view spawned that moves around is not created as a child of the Move Cursor Panel for me...
  4. S

Error for first time using move item action

Yup my mistake! I think at some point I had to customize something for splitscreen and modified a script. Looks like the original script is working fine for my needs now though. Marked as solved!
  5. S

Error for first time using move item action

The first time I use the Move Item Action and begin a move I get a null reference exception. It doesn't happen when I use a controller to move the item around or the keyboard WASD to move it around. It only happens when I move the item with a mouse drag. The problem seems to be that the...
  6. S

Adding Custom Inventory Items while Application is not playing

I have attached something that can be replicated using just the basic Demo Scene. Click on the PlayerCharacter, and add the "AddToInventory" script to the character. This should populate with an array of hints on how to replicate it. Let me know if you have any questions!
  7. S

Ok I found the issue for this one. The problem in this case was in the Awake function of PlayerInput: if (GetComponent<Shared.Character.ICharacter>() != null) { RegisterEvents(gameObject); } My character is a custom character, not an ICharacter, but was...
  8. S

I was also wondering if you can think of any reason the EnableGameplayInput is not getting called properly after upgrading from 1.2.8 to 1.2.16? When opening my menus, previously the rewired input script on the character would get disabled/enabled. After the upgrade it no longer works. I have...
  9. S

Sorry for the delay! I was able to get the project updated with the latest UIS, so that's nice to be up to date. Unfortunately the update didn't fix the issue. I also attempted to change the Set Item to happen after and it didn't have any impact. Perhaps the code that happens in this area...
  10. S

I should also mention that it's been some time since I have updated UIS - currently on 1.2.8. If you think that updating will help I can give that a shot.
  11. S

Hello there! I have a bunch of objects placed around the world. I am making an editor function for myself that adds these items into an inventory. The idea behind it is if we are starting a new game, it will populate the world from the load out inventory ("Game Start"). If it is not a new game...
  12. S

How to save and load custom meta data info?

Thanks for sharing! It looks like my main issue was that I was not adding [SerializeField] next to my variables!
  13. S

How to save and load custom meta data info?

Hello there! I am running into an issue of loading in custom meta data. I see the BasicSaveMetaDataCreator and tried to extend it to a custom class that saves a few custom variables. Would it be possible to see an example of how to integrate saving a float value to a game manager component...
  14. S

Item Slot Restriction Issue

Thanks so much! I managed to get it working with a custom version of the smart exchange scripts. I added some lines to the CanDrop fuction: var sourceSlotCanContain = destinationIsNull ? true ...
  15. S

Item Slot Restriction Issue

Hey there! I have a quick question about how to handle some logic. When trying to drag an item that is currently Equipped on an Item Slot Collection onto my main inventory (also an Item Slot Collection), the item that is currently equipped disappears. This is likely due to the fact that the...