Recent content by Shizane

1. S

How to use OnImpactEvent to cause force to enemy

I'm trying to figure out how to use OnImpactEvent on a projectile to add force to the enemy as it's hit or dies. On my projectile I see OnImpactEvent but I'm not sure how to add the character to this field. What script does the character need to communicate with this and after that how do you...
  2. S

Keeping weapon aligned and bullets restricted on the X

I've been playing with the settings in the ShootableWeapon script on my weapon item to fix 2 things: My project is a Pseudo 3D restricting the players on the X. 1. I can't seem to get the gun to stay aligned with the X after it shoots, it wants to rotate after it shoots but then snaps back to...
  3. S

Agility Pack Issues

Thanks so much for the help, Justin. No the player can move on the Balance but you have to press up (W) and the direction (A/D) to get him to walk (because its set for 3rd or 1st person im guessing and mine is 2.5D) so the issue with Balance is how do I set this so you don't have to press up...
  4. S

Does Slide need an Ability Index?

Was trying to find a guide on how to setup slide, didn't see an example on the demos and all the doc says is just to add the ability. The slide in the demo on the character's ability doesn't have a state name and it has a -1 for the Parameter. Does it need those? Does it get triggered if I just...
  5. S

Agility Pack Issues

I'm in Pseudo 3D though with restrict position on Z, so A or D is forward. Looking at the parameters, Forward movement does switch to 1 when I press A or D. I've tried both the KB and a controller and they behave the same. The ledge strafe doesn't show as active, no. I'm using the Agility...
  6. S

Agility Pack Issues

How do I know what correct forward movement value to use for a Pseudo 3D on the Z? His horizontal movement has values at runtime but the forward movement stops when I collide with the balance beam. How would I keep forward movement on during the balance beam? Everything is pretty much default...
  7. S

Agility Pack Issues

Are you referrring to the parameters when you say animator values?
  8. S

Agility Pack Issues

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I forgot to mention that yes the demo scene works great and I did bring the assets into my scene and they don't work so it's the character. I'm using your ThirdPersonControllerDemo controller for now and the values are the default. Are you referring to the Threshold...
  9. S

Agility Pack Issues

I've got the agility pack installed and added to my character setup. I've tested 2 so far - Ledge Strafe and Balance. My project is Pseudo 3D with restrict position on the Z. In the Balance ability the character's balance animation gets triggered but he doesn't move left or right in balance...
  10. S

UCC - Procedural Animation?

I noticed in into asset store description that procedural animation is a feature but I don't see this in the character controller. Is it the Spring component specifically? I dont see that in the locomotion.
  11. S

Damage or Kill the player?

Thanks I figured it out!
  12. S

Damage or Kill the player?

I've been looking for a tutorial on how to damage the player. What script do I attach to my "bullet" to kill the player? I have the Die and Health on my player but not sure how to kill him. This is with Emerald AI. I just wanted to attach a script to the AI's bullet for the damage without...
  13. S

Third Person Controller integration

Hi, I've copied over the third person controller and animations from a blank project into mine (cause I didn't want to mess up the tags/layers/settings/existing controls if I imported the package. Anyway, I'm using Corgi Engine for my 2.5D game and want to use your controller with all the...
  14. S

Changing Character foot effects sounds for the Materials?

Ah nm..I didnt have a surface identifier script...thanks a lot for the help.
  15. S

Changing Character foot effects sounds for the Materials?

Ok that's great thank you but for footsteps how do you determine the ground type so that a different sound will play? I changed the material type on the mesh to wood, grass etc... It looks like everything is setup by default with the controller as well...