Recent content by sdhains

1. S

Custom RotateTowards Ability for UCC AI Agent

Ah figured it out. Just needed to Block the NavMeshMovement ability when RotateAbility is activated.
  2. S

I'm back trying to figure this one out. I got further than last time. I'm creating a "RotateTowardsAbility" based on the "Aim" ability. This ability also uses the same LocalLookSource pattern as the "Aim" ability. It seems that I am correctly calculating the look vector, however...
  3. S

How to copy abilities between characters?

What is the best way to copy abilities between characters? I have a character with about 20 abilities on it and I want to apply those abilities to other characters. It seems that copying the locomotion component breaks the character.
  4. S

Navmesh agent stuck to dead enemy after picking up their item

I suspected. Thanks for trying. I'm setting the movement stuff all in BD. The ability is purely a state management thing. So that I can trigger behaviors in BD and in the animator based on whether or not the character is holding any "Trauma" items. It isn't the Animator variable because I can...
  5. S

Is there an advantage to replacing the animator controller?

also curious about this. following !
  6. S

Navmesh agent stuck to dead enemy after picking up their item

This specific chain of events is causing Bug using UCC/BD in unity 2018.3.f1. Bug description: Navmesh agent gets stuck to enemy they kill and retrieve item from, after activating ability. This specific sequence of events produces the bug: 1. Enemy dies drops an Item Pickup 2. Player picks up...
  7. S

Why does my weapon not fire?

how did i miss this page? very helpful. it was the look sensitivity. thank you very much.
  8. S

Why does my weapon not fire?

I set up my weapon in a very basic way. First the character: Then the weapon: I notice that when I click "Play" A clips worth of ammunition disappears from the inventory. I presume that this is because it is being included in the clip. However I cannot seem to fire the weapon in any way...
  9. S

Interaction Complete Event Always triggered by animation

Ok I managed to figure this out thanks to user Cbun on Discord. It is coming from unity's animation events. Click on the animation that is being used for the interaction, scroll down to "events" and you'll see the timeline with a little notch on it.
  10. S

Thanks Justin. Oh ok. So how do you turn off the event being sent through the animation? The documentation states : But it is unclear to me where the OnAnimatorInteract event is set up/is coming from.
  11. S

Regardless of whether you set a fixed duration. The problem is that there is no conditional around setting up the AnimationComplete event handler EG, my fix looks like this in the Interact.cs: if (m_InteractCompleteEvent.WaitForAnimationEvent) {...
  12. S

Writing a MoveTowards that works for NavMesh

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I created a StaticInteractable class that is compatible with a modified version of this script (see below). In case anyone wants to do it on a component without an Animator. Note that for some reason this file needs to be in the same folder as AnimatorInteractable to work...
  13. S

That would be awesome @Justin. It would be helpful to be able to rotate towards a target without Aiming. I tried to implement myself, I could get the rotate, but couldn't figure out how to deliver the Target (Game Object) as a parameter to the Ability at run-time.
  14. S

Oh question for you @schaderDev - what did you do to get the NavMeshAgentMovement ability active again after the interaction has finished? The Automatic trigger (with manual stop) causes the Interact to happen constantly. So it seems some intervention is necessary. I created a 5 second...
  15. S

OMG thank you so much! Feels a little sad to admit but you made my weekend!