Recent content by scornflake

1. S

Recommended way to code up async tasks

I'm wanting to make a general 'wait for coroutine to finish' style task wrapper. If there's a more elegant way than below, love to hear it (ofc, the below coroutine itself it just for testing) public class CoroutineAction : Action { public bool IsRunning = false...
  2. S

Recommended way to code up async tasks

What's the recommended way to code up an action, such that it'll return TaskStatus.Running until its completed? I'm thinking here of a long running coroutine (over a number of seconds).
  3. S

Is dotted notation support for dynamic vars - and is it sensible?

The GameObject has a class of type Unit on it. I'm using GetComponent to get that instance, and I'd like to access properties of that object. So I'd though I'd be able to use dot notation. e.g: if I have a shared var 'unit' populated by the GetComponent, I would hope to be able to access...
  4. S

Is dotted notation support for dynamic vars - and is it sensible?

I've an external task that I want to paramaterize. It has variables min/max coverDistance and ignoreIfWithinDistance. For some calls to this tree I specify the values manually. For others, they come from an existing object (i.e: an enemy, with various capabilities). I've tried to use...
  5. S

Do sequences *always* run?

I'm a muppet. Going to leave this here just in case others find it useful - if you want to delete it because it's THAT obvious. Please do :) Turns out I'm staring at a sqeunce. They terminate if any task returns false. For some reason, Id assumed they just run everything in series.
  6. S

Do sequences *always* run?

Hi! I continue my BD learning, and am trying to debug/understand a case where a sequence isn't running, at least not visually @ runtime, nor if I set a breakpoint. I have video here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tw70lkhfopvhq2e/BehaviorD%20working%20or%20am%20I%20going%20mad.mp4?dl=0 I've also...
  7. S

Variable not being assigned to custom task. Unicorns?

So you know how I said that the abort type was working for sequences in that previous thread? Well, er ... it is :) However; I'm seeing a var that is apparently set to some valid game object, by the time it gets to script, being null. Its kinda hard to show it all, so instead I have turned to...
  8. S

Wondering why my conditional abort doesn't fire?

Ah. Duh. I didn't have the lower priority set on the far left seq task. Think it's working.
  9. S

Hmm. So it's still not doing what I expect. Here's a video: I'm expecting the left hand branch to execute when I toggle player visibility... https://www.dropbox.com/s/3u3vp83j0egmc72/Conditional Not Re-firing.mp4?dl=0 Should I expect a conditional abort to "pass through" a "until failure" and...
  10. S

So I need 'lower priority' all the way up the chain? I have since got it working (but my graph has changed LOTS since I took this pic). So... just trying to see if my understanding is right. Guess I should go look at the code! Hey, btw: Awesome support here. Thank you very much! Your...
  11. S

I've a selector to choose the appropriate target. I'm expecting the very first 'can see object' state change to cause a re-eval of the BT from the first (topmost) sequence, down if I hide/unhide my player object. Do I understand wrong? If I disconnect the far right sequence (the 2nd one down...
  12. S

Is it possible to return a value from an external BT?

OK. I had a play and if I name the vars the same between trees, they are shared. I can also have different names, and assign values from one tree to another. I didn't see anything relating to 'set the return status' tho. By that did you just mean that it's inferred? Any value set inside an...
  13. S

Is it possible to return a value from an external BT?

I'm wanting to create a tree specifically to "choose the next target". I was thinking of putting this into an external BT so that I could use it in a few places... but I can't see a way to return a variable (such as a transform or gameobject) from a tree. Have I missed something? I don't...
  14. S

Cannot access value of GameObject (via GetField or GetProperty task)

OK. It might be worth mentioning that I was only trying the property method ... because I don't know what I'm doing with BD :) Really I was just wanting to make some existing property (such as transform.position) available to some other task, and it didn't seem I could "arrow select" from...
  15. S

Cannot access value of GameObject (via GetField or GetProperty task)

Hi Justin. 2018.3.4f1 (I think I tried the 3.3something and it did the same as well). Thanks for taking a look :) I did later find the GameObject->Transform task, which is what I'm using at the moment. Coming from a coding background myself tho, I'd rather have a more general way of...