Recent content by plufz

1. P

Wanderer gets stuck

Hi! I have problems with wandering units (movement pack + ucc characters) getting stuck on objects in the scene (for example when they meet a small cube in an otherwise open area). I haven't quite figured out the exact circumstances since it only happens now then. But it might be that it gets...
  2. P

Stopped working after UCC update

I added the abilities again and now it works. I'm not sure what went wrong, 100% something I did. Thanks for the suggestion though!
  3. P

Stopped working after UCC update

Hello! I upgraded my third person controller from 2.3.6 to 2.4.5 today and my ability packs (climb and agility) have now stopped working. Instead weird things happen like the player getting stuck when I press "F" at a free climb wall and I cant move at all (not on the wall nor on the ground)...
  4. P

Adventure Kit WIP

That is great news! I’ll gladly beta test this if that means that I can get my hands on the abilities sooner. :)
  5. P

Activating ragdoll ability

Thanks. That is so nice of you. I'll DM.
  6. P

I'm probably missing something obvious. Anyway I created a new unity project to make sure I didn't accidently touch anything. These are my steps to reproduce: 1. Create new project 2. Install the third person controller 3. Disable all abilities and item abilities 4. Add the ragdoll ability and...
  7. P

Hello! I'm trying to grasp how the ragdoll ability works. When I try to activate it like this: characterLocomotion.TryStartAbility(ragdollAbility); Both my own character and the nolan character gets stuck flying in never ending spasms when I expected it to just fall to the ground. Disabling the...
  8. P

Multiple cameras

Thank you. I got it working with your help!
  9. P

Problem creating my first item

Thank you for your suggestions. I tested your suggestions but unfortunately it didnt work. I've been sitting with this for a while now and I understand a little better what is happening. When I create a new character the problem vanishes so it most be something in my character that is off. But...
  10. P

Problem creating my first item

Hi! I’m trying to create an item for the first time and I cant get my item to show. I’ve tried to follow the videos (and docs) for item type creation and third person item creation. I’ve created an item collection with one item type, added the collection to the item set manager and created one...
  11. P

Ledge strafe around corners

Should the character be able to strafe around corners? My character seems to get stuck (can't progress, but can move back). If this is not possible today that would be a nice feature to have. :)
  12. P

Only hangs from one side

I have a long cube hanging mid-air with a box collider and the character can only hang from one of the sides. Any tips on debugging this? I've activated the debug lines, but I'm not sure if they should tell me anything about the horizontal position? Is there some offset on the character that...
  13. P

Adventure Kit WIP

Is there any chance that the abilities push, pull and carry could be released in a smaller package as well e.g like the climbing pack? I would like to use that in my game but I have no need for the UIS parts.
  14. P

Multiple cameras

Thanks for the tip using the third person look at camera with a static target, that behaves in the way that I need. And yes I still want the character to be controllable (I’m using the third person adventure movement type). I’m using UCC with Adventure Creator so the best case scenario for me...
  15. P

Multiple cameras

Hi! I sometimes want to use the ucc cam that follows the player and sometimes use another camera that does not follow the player. My issue is that the player will still move relative to the ucc camera when I use my other camera. What is the best way to solve this? All the best!