Recent content by pako

1. P

Cannot set Position/Rotation of NPCs Directly in Code.

Actually, the scene is quite small anyway. Also, all NPCs have the Enemy.cs script on them, and Enemy.cs isn't referenced from any other script. Moreover, there's no call to transform.position & transform.rotation anywhere else inside the Enemy script, besides the single point where it sets the...
  2. P

Hi Justin, Thank you for your reply. Disabling the behavior tree works only temporarily. More specifically, the position & rotation, of all the NPCs do get set correctly (for a moment). However, after reenabling the BT, their positions & rotations, get set immediately to somewhere near where...
  3. P

Hi, I'm using Behavior Designer 1.7.3 and Unity 2021.3.6f1 on Windows 10. I have several NPCs with just the Seek Task from the Movement pack. They all seek the Player. After one of them "catches" the Player, or if the Player completes his mission, I want to reset the position & rotation, of...
  4. P

Seek Task Status Stasy in Running State After BehaviorTree Gets Restarted

I finally figured it out. I had set the NavMeshAgent arrive distance to 1, but the Seek arrive distance to 0.5. When I set them both to either 1 or 0.5 it worked. Nevertheless, I don't understand why seek succeeded when going towards the player, even though the arrive distance were different.
  5. P

Seek Task Status Stasy in Running State After BehaviorTree Gets Restarted

Hi, I have a very simple Behavior Tree with just the Seek Task from the Movement Package. What I wanted to accomplish is this: 1. When first started, I set the Seek Target to the Player GameObject through code. 2. If/when the Enemy with the BT arrives at the player I need to reset the Enemy...
  6. P

Hang starts but no PullUp

I revisited this and realized that there is a misunderstanding. I am sorry if I did not communicate this correctly right from the beginning, but now I have isolated the REAL problem, and I am also more familiar with the product. The REAL problem is that I need the Pull Up to start immediately...
  7. P

Automatic Pull Up after Hang Starts

Currently, the Hang ability requires a "forward move" input in order to transition from the Hanging Idle animation to the PullUp animation. This may facilitate Shimmy Left/Right, and Transfer Up/Down to be carried out after Hanging Idle, but in a simpler situation a direct Pull Up after Hanging...
  8. P

Changing the Character Model

I understand that I can use the State Configuration + Profile to make a character behave the same as another character. However, I just want to be able to swap the model of a character, and everything else to remain the same, including Animator Controller since the rig is the same for all...
  9. P

Thank you for your response, Everything is working fine right now, but I'll try adjusting the cast offset/distance as you recommend, as it might work even better.
  10. P

I fixed this by setting the y value of RelativeHangOffset to 0.5, from the default -0.17. However, I cannot understand how Nolan in the demo scene works with a value of -0.17. The description for RelativeHangOffset is: "The offset from the top of the character to the hang object." When I...
  11. P

I couldn't upload a gif, since even the compressed gif of 4.8MB size was too large. So, here's a link to my OneDrive folder with both an uncompressed gif and video. As you'll be able to see: - the character doesn't hang and pull up properly and falls to the ground - subsequently, he can't hang...
  12. P

I'm trying to make the Third Person Controller character hang from the top surface of a wall and then pull up on top of the wall. The hang should start after a standing or running jump. When I test it using a running jump, Hang starts, and then the HangState changes to Shimmy, but after that...
  13. P

Agility Pack - Errors after Adding Abilities and Animations

Justin, thanks for both the great products and the great support!
  14. P

Would it work to just duplicate the demo animator, and then remove all demo animations from each layer, rather than the procedure I followed (above) which just adds the parameters but not the layers. This way, the duplicate animator would have both the parameters and the layers and then be...
  15. P

I followed the documentation instructions to create a new animator controller: Create a new character that references a new animator so that all the required parameters are added to the new animator. Then, use that animator with the game's character and delete the new character. However...