Recent content by Omega_5

1. O

[FEATURE REQUEST] Burst Fire - Semi-Auto / Auto switch

Currently, the burst fire mode on the shootable weapon script seems to only operate in full auto mode with a selectable delay. It would add a lot of flexibility to allow the burst fire mode to operate in semi auto or auto mode, while retaining the delay. I'm sure there is a better way to do it...
  2. O

API Video / Guide

Thank you! That is exactly what I needed. If that second image was put into the official documentation, it would save a lot of hassle. With respect to the review; Sorry it came to that, but I have to be honest with the Unity community. As I mentioned, I think UCC is a very powerful asset...
  3. O

API Video / Guide

Yes, I realize there is no online API, which is why I'm asking about how to use the Object Browser, as you guys have described. And yes, I realize Visual Studio has an Object Browser; that's what I'm using. The page I linked, links further to a VBA page, which honestly, is pretty useless...
  4. O

API Video / Guide

I understand that there is a learning curve, and I'll have to do dive in to a lot of technical features. But I think you might have misunderstood my question. "The API for the character controller can be found using the Object Browser of your IDE." Where? What I'm specifically asking is; What...
  5. O

API Video / Guide

Can we get a video or guide on how to view the built in API documentation, mentioned here; https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/organization/ I realize this might sound like a stupid request, but a lot of the users here seem to be designers and artists first...
  6. O

Magic - Add Force

Thanks for the tip. Calling an empty object, with the explosion script added works perfect!
  7. O

Magic - Add Force

I'm setting up an ability to go with the Boss Stomp effect; to apply a 'stomp force' in all directions away from the player. In the 'Add Force seems to only add forces in one direction, relative to the player. Is there an option to apply forces in all directions away the from the origin...
  8. O

No First Person Animation

So, for anyone that comes across this issue; double check the Animator Controller on the FirstPersonArms. I was so fixated on the main Animator Controller, that I forgot to update the slot parameters on the other one; hence the issues in the gif.
  9. O

No First Person Animation

I'm running in to an issue with my melee ability. The animation plays fine in third person view, however it doesn't play in first person view. This has happened to me a few times on other abilities, and I've had to re-build the ability from the start. I'm curious as to what causes this. Is it...
  10. O

Secondary Melee Ability - Issues

That's exactly the issue. I think I misunderstood how the slot system worked, on items like this. I re-read the documentation, and it makes a lot more sense. I'm going to revert back to an earlier version of my project and try the whole thing again with a new slot. Thanks for all the help...
  11. O

I should have double checked my work last night before replying; when changing from Slot 0 to Slot 1, I missed that a few conditions had flipped from 'equals' to 'greater', obviously breaking everything. I fixed up those issues; the punch ability now works in third person, as intended. Thanks...
  12. O

Thanks for the reply. I changed the animator to Slot 1 for the entire body state; no change. As well, I'm still seeing the ability stay active, long after the button is pressed. Note, per the instructional videos, I have 'Wait for Animation' unchecked.
  13. O

I'm having some trouble with a punch (melee) ability. Background; I have successfully built a left handed grenade, and I'm getting more familiar / comfortable with the ability systems. What I'm trying to achieve with this one is, I want the punch ability to be a left handed secondary ability...