Recent content by OJuer

1. O

Conditional Abort on event

Not sure if that would work, because the conditional abort will run OnUpdate while Wait is running and that will then return Failure and abort the Wait, no? I have solved it now with two branches and a simple but useful Task I built before called Cooldown that runs a Coroutine internally. I...
  2. O

Hm, I am not sure I understand you completely. What I want is that everytime I send GetHit, I want Wait to start again, whether it is already running or not. The lower-priority abort will not restart the wait when I send an event while the wait task is running. The "both" abort will stop the...
  3. O

Hi, I am using conditional abort to have my behavior tree wait after it receives an event "GetHit". This works fine, but only once, and I want the branch to restart every time the event is sent. If I send another "GetHit" event while the Wait Task is running, it will have no effect. I cannot...
  4. O

Behavior Tree Reference using SharedVariable<ExternalBehaviorTree>

Oh, this was one of those things I had to spell out to get myself sorted out and find the solution. Turns out you can write an implementation of the BehaviorReference Task that supports this. It's pretty cool! Now all my entities can use the same tree and I can swap out parts of it by changing...
  5. O

Behavior Tree Reference using SharedVariable<ExternalBehaviorTree>

Hi, so I have an entity prefab with a behaviour tree and multiple prefab variants that inherit from it. I can change the shared variables on such a variant just fine to adjust its behaviour. But when it comes to changing the structure of the tree or extending some branch, I will have to create...
  6. O

Because Tasks all have OnDrawGizmos methods, the Unity Gizmos menu is a mess

If you want it to appear in the gizmo drop down again, you need to implement OnDrawGizmos again. I think an empty implementation will make it appear again and you can use it to toggle gizmos, even those that are drawn with the custom attribute method. Hope this works for you
  7. O

Because Tasks all have OnDrawGizmos methods, the Unity Gizmos menu is a mess

@Justin There is an attribute that will allow any method to be used instead of OnDrawGizmos. This will not end up in the Gizmos drop down. https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/DrawGizmo.html
  8. O

[Feature Request] Override Conditional Abort of Behaviour Tree Reference

Hm I understand. It's just that I have a behaviour tree I would like to use with different conditional abort settings at different places in the parent tree. I really feel like the conditional abort should be a property of the parent tree, not the referenced tree.
  9. O

[Minor Bug] Visualization of Variable Overrides in Prefab Instances

I have to correct myself, the method that will help you render correctly is label = EditorGUI.BeginProperty(position, label, property); label is of type GUIContent and the return value will have the modified formatting. I think FieldInspector.DrawSingleField and FieldInspector.DrawArrayField are...
  10. O

Hi, thanks for looking at this. I am talking about the inspector of the Behaviour Tree MonoBehaviour, specifically about the variables it lists. While the ExternalBehaviourTree has default values, the GameObject can override those. In PrefabVariants, Unity even detects the BehaviourTree...
  11. O

Hi, the custom editor of the Behaviour Tree Component does not highlight prefab overrides. Usually, Unity visualizes overrides with a bold font format and a blue line on the left side of the overridden property. This can be achieved with the EditorGUI.BeginChangeCheck() and...
  12. O

[Feature Request] Auto Layout

Hi, I am using the Behaviour Tree Reference Task a lot. In runtime, the sub tree is embedded into the parent tree. This will usually lead to overlapping Tasks in the UI. For this, an auto-layout would be very helpful. I am thinking of a button to trigger this feature which then moves tasks in...
  13. O

[Feature Request] Override Conditional Abort of Behaviour Tree Reference

Hi, I would like to override the conditional abort setting of the top-level composite Task of a behaviour tree reference. I am trying to reduce the complexity of my behaviour tree by making use of external trees that I reference with the "Behaviour Tree Reference" Task. Most of the time, they...