Recent content by NeOmega

1. NeOmega

AStar movement pack Wander : grid graph, seeker script and AILerp(2D, 3D)

grid graph has lakes/oceans that can not be crossed. If the unit has a destination beyond water, in any way, the unit stops, and never moves from there again, facing direction of target. Eventually all the deer get stuck on water, which is kind of cool, but not what I need. Eventually, water...
  2. NeOmega

Has anyone tried JOBS with this? Any advice before I try?

As the title says.
  3. NeOmega

How to properly set up Collision/Trigger detection

Find the opsive video about conditional aborts. Calling it "low priority" shows a lack of understanding of how conditional aborts work. Its working for you now, but you do not know why. This will help you in the future.
  4. NeOmega

How to properly set up Collision/Trigger detection

Not "low priority", it is "conditional abort", which is actually higher priority.
  5. NeOmega

culling behavior when not in sight?

ah, then it must the animator that is culling when out of camera range. hmmm... edit: It was. Animators are default set to "cull update transforms". I set it to "always animate".
  6. NeOmega

A high res screenshot of your behavior designer character controller tree

Can we get a high resolution screenshot of the entire behavior designer tree you used with your character controller in the tutorials please. I've watched the video a few times, but you zoom around a lot, and it is never high res enough. I'd just like to be able to study the entire tree for a...
  7. NeOmega

culling behavior when not in sight?

So I left my game running and fell asleep. woke up, map was cleared of zombies by the soldiers. Moved the camera. There were more zombies, suddenly the soldiers next to them started swinging their pole arms, and the zombies died within 10 seconds. I was asleep for four hours. There was no...
  8. NeOmega

Why would an instantiated prefab not work exactly like its editor placed prefab cousin?

There is a disconnect somewhere, and I can't figure it out. I have a Task script that says using UnityEngine; namespace BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.Tasks.Movement { [HelpURL("https://opsive.com/support/documentation/behavior-designer/writing-a-new-conditional-task/" + " YouTube...
  9. NeOmega

Turn comments back on your youtube channel

For example, in this video: CanSeeObject has changed greatly in 5 years. It now has 16 fields, as opposed to when this video was made, it only had 5. Furthermore, there is no more field called "ObjectInSight" as a matter of fact, there isn't even a field that takes a transform anymore. So...
  10. NeOmega

Mini Gauntlet Example's Teddy has an unknown task

Also, no documentation /readout / explanation
  11. NeOmega

Arrays vs lists in RTS

12. NeOmega

Why is my stats script interfering with Behavior Designer?

Ended up being nothing to do with the script. It was that the remainingDistance on my NavMeshAgent was 2, but the Wander_Action arriveDistance was 0.2. therefore protected override bool HasArrived() { return remainingDistance <= arriveDistance.Value; }...
  13. NeOmega

Turn comments back on your youtube channel

You dont have to answer any questions. The point is to let users answer each others questions.
  14. NeOmega

Why is my stats script interfering with Behavior Designer?

Solved. Editing because the script had nothing to do with it.,