Recent content by macusernick

1. M

TPC 3.0.8 Errors on fresh install

Thank you!! I thought it was a fresh project from an Opsive perspective, but it was not and the FIRST_PERSON_CONTROLLER symbol was there! Thanks again!
  2. M

TPC 3.0.8 Errors on fresh install

Hi, Sorry if this has been mentioned/solved, but I'm stumped... I'm using TPC 3.0.8 in Unity 2021.3.22f1 and I started a fresh project and downloaded the package fresh too (from the Unity Store), but I get import errors: Now I do have the UFPS 3.x as well, but have not downloaded or...
  3. M

LadderClimb State always "TopMount"

Thank you! I must have been running and old version. Everything seems to be working correctly now.
  4. M

Justin, That code never gets called when I'm on the ground trying to mount the ladder (it does correctly when I'm at the top though). I found out that jumping onto the ladder works, but the "Action" button does not. (A quick side note, if you jump onto the ladder and then go back down, the...
  5. M

Hi! First off, thanks for making the climbing pack!! I've been trying to get it to work and I copied the ladder from the Demo scene and everytime I try to mount the ladder the ClimbState reports back as "TopMount" value which breaks it. This is a fresh project with the latest version of UCC...
  6. M

Climb Ability (WIP)

UPDATED 5/3/2021 Last but not least here is a quick video showing it off... the animations are not the greatest, but at least you can see how it works.
  7. M

Climb Ability (WIP)

UPDATED 5/3/2021 - I have updated the code a bit to be more generic and to use MoveToLocations rather then empty GameObjects for the start/finish position. I'll update the rest of this post with the new details as well. Here is the code!
  8. M

Climb Ability (WIP)

UPDATED 5/3/2021 There are many posts tackling the Climbing issue and I'd like to share my thoughts and work. I use an IClimbSource interface to allow customization for each type of use for the ability. I've included very basic code for climbing on a Pole/Ladder/etc. Please note that you need...
  9. M

AlignToGround and AlignToGravity questions

Had to split into two posts... Here is my Player class (I based it on @Haytam95 version and it's just a Singleton reference for some UCC functions): using UnityEngine; using Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character; using Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities; using...
  10. M

Thank you!!! That was the breakthrough I needed! I now do the rotation from inside the Ability itself and then attached to OnLandEvent I stop the Ability. Works like a charm no matter the angle now! I've included the modified code below if anyone else might like to use it! ///...
  11. M

Yep I'm manually stopping it after a small delay... doing the stop instantly would not allow the Character to jump over gaps. I see the ResetAlignToGravity is called in the AbilityStopped for AlignToGround already. protected override void AbilityStopped(bool force) {...
  12. M

Thanks for the suggestions! I have edited the AlignToGround file and updated this block of code in UpdateRotation(). I noticed when there was no delay, I'd tend to flip over onto the other side of objects. if (Physics.Raycast(m_Transform.TransformPoint(0, m_CharacterLocomotion.Radius...
  13. M

See... I thought it should be able to do that, but I cannot get the ability to work like that. Anytime I "fall" off the track (i.e. there is no ground found below the character) it just keeps falling in that direction. Here is my ability setup: That would definitely explain it, if it's...
  14. M

I guess I was confused by the sub-class thing then. I figured that I could control AlignToGravity like it was an independent Ability and not just part of AlignToGround. I see I will need to extend AlignToGravity to get a second Ability that I can control. (Which is what Justin said...
  15. M

Thanks for the quick reply and moving this to the correct forum!! I guess my issue/question is, why there aren't 2 abilities in the list... one for AlignToGround and one for AlignToGravity... whenever I activate either of them, it shows that AlignToGround was activated (in the ability list). I...