Recent content by LethDavidson

1. L

Adventure Kit WIP

This sounds great. Frankly, my biggest issue with the UCC is that it's a fantastic controller that has alot of aux systems (weapons, inv, ect) attached so tightly that building your own custom tools/weapons/systems ontop of it is very tough. If the UCC was just a rad character controller that'd...
  2. L

Weapon Attachments Configuration for UFPS/FPC

No prob bud, that def sounds like a pain in the ass. Really just the functionality is key here, people are going to replace all the assets anyway, so you really could get away with just some floating rectangles guns, as long as it shows off the functionality. though that may not look brillaint...
  3. L

Reworking the melee combat to launch yourself forward on attacks to get more movement.

Yeah, that makes sense. I gotta get my head around subclassing things more often. Alrighty i'll go ahead and give that a try and report back how it goes. Thank you very much!
  4. L

Reworking the melee combat to launch yourself forward on attacks to get more movement.

Howdy, Okay so the issue with the melee system as-is is that there's no forced forward movement on a swing, that's really not gonna fly so i need to make it so that each attack (ideally controllable on a per-animation/move basis) will fling the character forward a bit on the forward z. (so say...
  5. L

How to make custom OnImpact scripts intercept damage and do dif stuff.

so i went ahead and just made a custom hp script and it does the job. My question does still stand tho, is that interception someething that an RegisterEvent onimpct ect thing can DO, or it is purely a "ALSO do this when this other thing happens" with no impact on the base thing happening?
  6. L

How to make custom OnImpact scripts intercept damage and do dif stuff.

Howdy, So I'm making it so that some weapons hurt shields more than health, my thought is to use a custom event script to do the various checks and the logic i need to do when hit. however, the thing being hurt still takes damage ONTOP of whatever calcs i do. How do i get it so that my events...
  7. L

Any simple way to have upperbody rotation totally seperate from lowerbody movement? (Mechs)

Much appreciated, yeah that makes sense. My immediate tests didn't seem to get me what i want and i presume i'm just not reading some numbers right (i am tired), but when i replace the GetInputVector in an Adventure copy with a normal return, it kinda turns into tank controls and it no longer...
  8. L

Any simple way to have upperbody rotation totally seperate from lowerbody movement? (Mechs)

Howdy agian, sorry i know i marked this done but i realize i wasn't sure exactly what i was trying to ask and have a much clearer way to phrase the question. Here's a quick vid of what i'm after, first with a game, then with another unity toolkit, then with what the ucc does in it's adv and...
  9. L

That makes sense, i'm never quite sure how much i need to expand on the ucc or how many features i'm just missing when it comes to this stuff. that seems like the wya i'd do it normally and just building it ontop of character with that input reading makes sense. Didn't know if i was missing...
  10. L

When AI takes cover behind a rigidbody, the rigidbody sliiides.

that's a fair point, i usually let the weapons hit the subcharacter stuff instead of the main colldier so it's not like that'd be a problem. yeah i figured it had to do with the collision disabling getting it wedged in there. i'll try some of those methods out. i'd prefer to keep the cover non...
  11. L

When AI takes cover behind a rigidbody, the rigidbody sliiides.

Howdy, okay this is weird. I'm banging together a system where ai will take cover behind dynamic objects, much like how in halo when cover gets knocked around ai will still understand that it's useable in a new location, so that means some rigidbodies. However, when my dude slides up against the...
  12. L

I'm ideally not using an animator for the rotation. the legs may be stepping but the top would ideally jsut be a slerping/rotating pivot, the top half needs to just follow the mouse with code. when it shoots, sure the guns will animate, but i don't think i'd have any top animation. i got the raw...
  13. L

Howdy, If i were to do a mech, where you can rotate the upperbody and shoot in one way while walking in another, what's the quickest way to get that setup? I feel like it's something i've done or should be able to do here but i'm not certain. something with the ik? Similar question to like, a...
  14. L

How do i make objects use the spring system, like the documentatiom says?

Radical, i got that going (threw in an OnImpact callback to make it flinch on damage) and it lurches away, then drifts back. It's actually alot like some dotween hitshakes i've done before. Imma put it on the arrow, then a thrown spear, adn in general see what i can get away with. if it's as...
  15. L

How do i make objects use the spring system, like the documentatiom says?

Howdy, i know i closed this already but is there any chance i could get like a quick banged-together test script to just show off "thing shakes with spring when it hits wall" or something? Maybe some test-script laying around for internal tests? it doens't need to be fancy. I've figured out what...