Recent content by konig6

1. K

Why are there 2 separate controllers - one for the Character, and one for the arms?

Hello there, I'm trying to understand how UCC works behind the scenes. I was wondering, why do we have two separate animators in the Demo folder: the Demo.controller and the FirstPersonArmsDemo.controller I'm using Mixamo to set animations for the player, for example for aiming, reloading...
  2. K

My pickup melee weapon doesn't attack (video attached)

Justin's videos are great. The problem is that he doesn't get into detail on certain "so-much-needed" things, like creating a custom animation for a left-handed weapon. I know the real power of UCC lies in its high level of customisation. This is actually the reason why certain things need to...
  3. K

Thank you Justin. I haven't checked if you already have one, but maybe you could make a video on how to make a custom animation. This would be the perfect starting point: picking up a melee weapon that's intended to be used with the left hand, and it doesn't work right out of the box ==> you...
  4. K

That was the issue indeed. Right out of the box, UCC doesn't know how to attack a Melee weapon in case the player is a lefty. I don't think I know how exactly should I do this. Adjust the animations? I hope I can make a suggestion for UCC 2.2, and a constructive side note: A tool should not...
  5. K

I'm trying to get on well with UCC but it hates me! I know it's a well-tested and debugged product. Hopefully you will be able to give me some guidance to get me out of this seemingly-simple problem.
  6. K

My bad, I missed it. I've set it to 1 for both the Pickaxe and the Crowbar (which is now a Bat, as I created another pickup weapon to make sure the error persists). The "Melee Weapon" scripts are completely identical (with the exception of using a Trail in the Pickaxe and not in the Bat). I've...
  7. K

The "Animator ID" for both the Pickaxe (default loadout) and the Crowbar (pickup item) are set to 22. No luck. The "Animation Movement Set ID" for the Pickaxe (default loadout) is 0 and it attacks correctly. In your Melee Weapon Setup (Sword, Punching & Kicking) video you don't mention that...
  8. K

My secondary weapon never gets activated

Good news Justin. It was indeed the Animation Event option that needed to be disabled. For some reason it worked by closing and opening Unity back up. The important takeaway here (for others in my situation) is the comment Justin made above: Marking as solved. Thank you again!
  9. K

I've setup a simple scene, where the player starts with a melee weapon in his right hand (a FireAxe). The FireAxe attacks as expected. The player can pick up a CrowBar, which equips in his left hand. The CrowBar appears correctly, however when I click the weapon doesn't animate. I made a video...
  10. K

I will start over from scratch, now that I know that thing about the animator. I will reach you back with my results. Anyway, your scene isn't working for me (the checkbox isn't even unchecked!). Let me try again and I will post the results. Note: Maybe what I'm doing wrong is not assigning a...
  11. K

Did you try it out? Because I unchecked that checkbox and the thing still doesn't work. You didn't make any other changes, did you? Apologies for insisting too much. This is basic stuff and have to get it working before continuing studying UCC more in-depth.
  12. K

Sure, Justin. I wasn't able to figure out what's going on. Here's my "MyItemCollection2" Item Collection I'm using: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1T8n4Lm70VQhEEVfw8L77FP2bDRdt004-
  13. K

Thank you Justin. I uploaded just the .unity scene to Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QSTMg6zBvp5ZW0sMa44AQcrt3iNso1Sc I will keep troubleshooting on my own, too.
  14. K

Tried switching Assault Rifle to Shotgun, still no success. Following the link you pointed me to, in step 2 it says "The Equip Unequip ability exists and has an Item Set Category set to the same category as what the Item Type belongs to. " In my case, the Equip Unequip ability is inside of...