Recent content by KOKOStern

1. K

Changing the Icon for External Behavior Trees

Cool! Yeah would make them more distinct and can easily be changed if some people don't like it. :)
  2. K

Forgot to post this here: I ended up changing ExternalBehaviorTree and then it totally works. Guess the SOs are created from the tree and not the thing itself.
  3. K

That's how it works for the majority of SOs - change the icon of the script and the SOs will follow, but it just didn't for external trees. I don't seem to have the editor source code and I was wondering if you could disable that inspector just to check if it then magically works. Could you try...
  4. K

I have a ton of scriptable objects in my project and wanted to have better organization and visibility. You can change the icon showing a scriptable object and I want to do exactly that with external trees as I have a lot. The way to normally do that is to click the script and in the inspector...
  5. K

Creating a Header ObjectDrawer

Ahh yeah please do. That's a rather basic thing I feel. As tasks have a lot of variables it's a QoL feature to separate them with headers. Thanks for the reply.
  6. K

Creating a Header ObjectDrawer

I was surprised that BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.ObjectDrawers is almost empty and there's only the float and int sliders and nothing else. One of the basic things I use often is a header to separate variables once I have more than a few. One of the most basic of things and I'm wondering why it...
  7. K

Behavior Tree Reference task variables using Shared Variables

When using the Behavior Tree Reference task and adding variables, shared variables (from the encompassing tree) do not show up. You are also not allowed to specify a name (or a type for that matter) for the variable, which could be ok if you take the name of the shared variable, but this might...
  8. K

Manual ticking with Fixed Update

Does that mean every task (at least conditional and action) needs to have an Update method always? Wouldn't it make sense to have some kind of variable that you can set, and if there's no Update method you just check that variable (on Update time of course) and return that? Something similar to...
  9. K

Alright cool. Using BehaviorManager.Update and BehaviorManager.FixedUpdate in their appropriate functions instead of Tick() works. I would suggest updating the documentation on BehaviorManager to say this in some way? About the second question, it leads to a very awkward: public...
  10. K

I'm ticking the manager manually cause I wanted to have greater control over my Update function (I have a managed calls manager). I have a physics cast task that I want ran on FixedUpdate and not on Update, but OnFixedUpdate never gets ran if you Tick manually. Is there a way to Tick the other...