Recent content by Klin

1. K

How can two abilities stop each other?

Ahh ok thats a good idea. I used an event to notify ability1 to stop. Works perfectly fine for the moment. thanks a lot!
  2. K

How can Animancer work together with it

I switched from mecanim to animancer and implemented it into UCC. I needed a few days and had to change the animator monitor. But imho it's pretty nice. Much more responsive - I don't even need quick start/stop abilities anymore. Also, once you got the handle on it, it makes it much easier to...
  3. K

Sorry I marked the thread allready as solved but I ran into a problem. I have basically the same situation as explained above but now I can't use the concurrent functionality and I can't figure out how to use the described methods. So I have ability_1, which is on top. I have ability_2, which...
  4. K

MissingReferenceException with two Inspectors open

MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'InventoryItemSetManager' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it. Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object. UnityEngine.Component.GetComponent[T] () (at <10564ed154d647e194bef4aef8878649>:0)...
  5. K

MissingReferenceException with two Inspectors open

Unity 2020.3 UIS 1.2.3 Hi Santiago, when I have two inspectors open and start play-mode, I get : It's not a big deal but it took me a while to figure out what the cause is (and I searched for it two times after forgetting it 2 weeks later, that's why I'm posting this ;-) Maybe it's...
  6. K

Hi Christian, thanks for your reply. You gave the right hint. I tried this method but it wouldn't work. Now I simply made one ability concurrent and it works perfectly fine this way.
  7. K

Hi, I want two abilities being able to stop each other. So when Ability 1 is active, Ability 2 can activate and stop Ability 1. Normally one would accomplish that simply by putting the Ability 2 over Ability 1. But what if I want also that Ability 1 can stop Ability 2 if it's active? Thanks...
  8. K

Puppetmaster impact registration

If your coding knowledge is absolutely zero, unfortunately this won't help you. But since you ask, I'd personally recommend learning it so you don't have to rely solely on what assets offer you. Especially if you want to combine different asset features (like what you meantioned).
  9. K

Puppetmaster impact registration

You could register every muscle in puppetmaster for the OnImpactEvent (looping through the muscle array in awake). You get force direction and amount, which you can use in the function from the raycast shooter script.
  10. K

Change Character Attributes with (Skinned) Item

/// <summary> /// An Item has been removed from the Inventory. /// </summary> /// <param name="itemInfo">The info that describes the item.</param> private void OnRemoveItemFromInventory(ItemInfo itemInfo) { } /// <summary>...
  11. K

Just in case someone lands here and is in search for a quick solution for picking up Skinned Items and udpating the UCC Attribute Manager health & shield values with Item Definition Attributes. Splitted up because 10000 characters gap in the forum. using System; using...
  12. K

Equipping secondary weapon in addition to other weapons

I tried to use more specific Category Item Set Rules. I get the following error messages (only trying to spawn the first weapon): The first error is pointing to ItemSet.cs line 179 // If the item set is not active and it is enabled then the item set should be enabled if it can be...
  13. K

Equipping secondary weapon in addition to other weapons

Hello, I have an Item (weapon) in item Slot 0 in the character root. In Slot 0, I want to have multiple items later and toggle between them. I want to have a secondary item (Body Weapon), which I want to put under the right foot into the newly created Slot 2. So the first thing would be, how...
  14. K

Hi, I have armor items. When I wear them, the character should have it's attributes changed (increasing health, armor etc.) How would I accomplish that? I tried to add an Item Object & Item Binding script to the item prefab. My problem now is, how would I use the characters attributes in the...
  15. K

Skinned Mesh Items - Load at start

Ahh it does work, that's great (I don't know how I missed that). One quick follow up: When I add "Inventory" to the Equipper script, I get error messages when I quit play mode (not during play). Is this something, I should be worried about?