Recent content by joran

1. J

Random Items From main InventoryManager

ahh actually I just found this thread which may answer my question https://www.opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/i-want-to-make-a-random-box-item.4440
  2. J

Random Items From main InventoryManager

How can i get a random item(item definition?)(or N random items) from the InventoryManager (this is basically the random pickup script... but i really do not want to copy my entire inventoryDB to the Inventory on the gameobjects MainCollection ... I would like to restrict the items somewhat...
  3. J

Gameobjects become unset

I am excited to see that next version :)
  4. J

Gameobjects become unset

I think i figured out whats going on ... when i open the demo scene the targets no longer exist but the inventory does ...
  5. J

Gameobjects become unset

Gameobjects that are part of the scene become unset in both itemactions and item definitions ... there is a transform i link to in each of those and it keeps getting unset... is this a known issue(or is it something i am doing wrong?)? is there someway to prevent this from happening? is there an...
  6. J

IsCategory functionallity?

thanks this is perfect :)
  7. J

IsCategory functionallity?

say i have a category "Spell" I also have a category EarthSpell or something like that which has Spell as a parent can i say something like isType(itemInstance,"Spell") so that an instance of EarthSpell returns true ?
  8. J

Hotbar Active Highlight?

+100000 using Rider makes a world of difference (I generally dislike VS IDE products ... I didnt know about Rider before now(or maybe i knew somewhere in the back of my brain))
  9. J

Hotbar Active Highlight?

this is great thanks :) and yeah I am using VScode as my IDE (which i constantly have to manually edit the Assembly-CSharp.proj to include all of the files from the Opsive.*.csproj .... I will install rider tonight and see if that solves some of my issues (i tend to really like jetbrains products)
  10. J

Hotbar Active Highlight?

I suspect "equipped select item view" is exactly what i needed ... are you guys planning on releasing more thorough api docs? Also it would be great if you guys added some more tutorials on setting up an inventory from scratch(theres so much "magic" in the Demo inventory, that its a bit hard to...
  11. J

Hotbar Active Highlight?

Is there a way to mark an item in the hotbar as active (or N items) (ie special highlight or something) once you click it or press a hotkey (instead of say using the item?) If there is such a mechanism, is there also a way to retrieve the currently selected item(s)?
  12. J

UI Designer: Item Hotbar Cooldown and Drag/Drop Selection Preview

ahh thanks :) editing now!
  13. J

UI Designer: Item Hotbar Cooldown and Drag/Drop Selection Preview

I needed the cooldown thing today (theres no numbers on it) so i made this .... just modify your prefab for your ItemViewForHotbar and put this component onto the root object using System.Collections; using System.Collections.Generic; using UnityEngine; using UnityEngine.UI; using...