Recent content by Jaakk0S

1. J

Mouse buildup on start

This fixes the issue, however I'd like to know if there's a smarter way cos this is just a dumb timer. void Awake() { InputSystem.DisableDevice(Mouse.current); StartCoroutine(EnableMouseAfterDelay()); } private IEnumerator EnableMouseAfterDelay() { yield return new...
  2. J

Mouse buildup on start

Hi! Hi guys, been a while since last asking anything! I'm having an issue where, at least in editor, there's like mouse position buildup while the game starting that will fire when the level starts. After pressing play on the editor, if I don't touch the mouse, the character will start facing...
  3. J

Importing the Input integration causes 153 compilation errors

The "153 errors" issue is caused by namespace change. Search and find CharacterInput.cs and if there are two copies, there's your culprit. I listed the necessary action in my earlier post.
  4. J

First person arms animation while nothing equipped

Reading the code, looks like there's no simple way to achieve what I wanted here. However, I was able to get a satisfactory result by making my third person character's arms visible in first person mode and hiding/unhiding them manually upon equip/unequip (upon event, change the limb renderer...
  5. J

Also, none of the first person animator's parameters are getting updated while no item is equipped. They are updated when having an item equipped.
  6. J

Hi! I'd like to have the first person arms show up while the character has nothing equipped, and to play the movement walk/run animations so I can see the arms while moving about (my 3rd person character has just shadow caster arms). On the First Person Base Object I could find "Always Active"...
  7. J

Item creation cancel path creates a dirty item object

1. Go to Character Manager->Item->New Item 2. Give it a name and select an item definition 3. Leave Character field empty 4. Click Build Item 5. Save Item dialogue opens 6. Click cancel Expected result: Action is cancelled with no other effects. Actual result: Look at Hierarchy view -> A new...
  8. J

"OnObjectImpact" Event not firing?

I had teething issues switching to EventHandler but key was to pay close attention to the object used. Components are objects but not GameObjects.
  9. J

Start with weapons in holster?

Ahha! Found the culprit. Difference is cos I have first person controller with also third person body awareness (the third person items are basically just shadow casters). So the culprit is that precompiler if-block, and this fixes it: if (firstPersonPerspective) { #if...
  10. J

Start with weapons in holster?

I have the same or similar issue yet the code change suggested by @Justin / @Andrew doesn't seem to do anything for me. I can't get my item to start holstered. However, equipping and unequipping it holsters it correctly, so the issue is strictly about getting the right state at startup. After...
  11. J

Importing the Input integration causes 153 compilation errors

Hi! I was there with the 153 errors. In my case I had actually ended up with two versions of CharacterInput.cs because I might have installed the integration two times using different media (can't remember, hours are dark). The other one was under Opsive/Shared/Integrations, and I ended up...
  12. J

Transition extension

I found smooth transitioning between these view types very difficult without the transition. When my character kneels and needs to look in a specific spot, I use TransformLook and lerp the camera transition, which was simple enough. But returning back was confusing because the location of the...
  13. J

Transition extension

Hey. I'm transitioning between TransformLook and Combat and I found the only way to escape a one frame jitter (the first person arms object jumps to a wrong place for 1 frame) between the transition from TransformLook to Combat is to modify the Transition class to accept transitioning from...
  14. J

First person combat pitch reset override?

Found it. My TransformLook had "Restrict Pitch" flag on which resulted in the Rotate() call being ineffective. Disabling the flag fixed my issue.
  15. J

First person combat pitch reset override?

Yes I remember got this far earlier debugging... I added logs and can see that the viewtype is not null, so we go inside that if block, then after both pitch and yaw are 0. So the zero comes from the viewtype which is Combat in this case. I'm doing this: so, both the active and the combat...