Recent content by Imp079

1. I

Some NPCs able to be pushed around, others not

Yes, version 1.3.6 I think. Definitely a lot of changes since that version. It's been an interesting learning curve. Our NPCs do have several colliders - there's the capsule collider on the root that the character controller should use, but also another collider attached to the model that's...
  2. I

Some NPCs able to be pushed around, others not

I've recently upgraded our NPC character controller to the UCC from an older version of TPC. We have nearly all of the issues ironed out but for some reason, one of our NPCs is able to be pushed around by the player, but others are not. Is there some setting somewhere that I might be...
  3. I

Which movement type for AI controlled characters?

I turned off root motion based rotation and it seems to have fixed the problem, using the LocalLookSource and Third Person Combat movement type. I think the problem is in how the Yaw parameter is calculated when rotational root motion is selected, but it's a complex chain of code that I haven't...
  4. I

What is the preferred way to set the Yaw on the animator monitor without it being overridden? It looks like AnimatorMonitor's SetYawParameter function is called by the UltimateCharacterLocomotion's UpdateAnimator function, which is in turn called by CharacterLocomotion's Move function. So Yaw is...
  5. I

Looking at the code for the LocalLookSource component, the relevant part of the interface seems to be the LookDirection function, which returns the character's forward vector if there is no current target, and the offset between the look position and the target if there is. I attached the...
  6. I

I am attempting to use the UCC for AI controlled, humanoid enemies in a 3D RPG, but I notice though that the animator controller's Yaw parameter stays at zero when using either the NavMeshAgentMovement ability or RotateTowards ability. We are using root motion for both position and rotation...
  7. I

Is there an API for setting up a UCC Locomotion component?

Awesome, thank you! Looks like it uses functions from the CharacterBuilder class, found in the Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Utility.Builders namespace.
  8. I

Is there an API for setting up a UCC Locomotion component?

I am in the process of updating a project from Unity 5.6 to 2020LTS, and have ~40 preexisting enemy character prefabs to update to the latest version of the Ultimate Character Controller. I'm trying to automate as much of the process as possible via editor scripts. I can add the components via...
  9. I

Setting up a character without using Character Manager

Thanks, that's good news. I'll take a look at the UMA integration as well.
  10. I

Setting up a character without using Character Manager

I am in the process of upgrading a project from Unity 5.6 to 2020 LTS. It originally used a legacy version of the Third Person Controller for the enemies that is no longer compatible with Unity, so we have around 50 enemy prefabs that need to be updated to the new system. From what I've read...
  11. I

How does physics interaction between characters work?

On a related note though, we originally purchased the Third Person Controller through the asset store. The latest version is listed as a new asset. Would we need to buy that version to upgrade?
  12. I

Awesome, that's good news. Thanks!
  13. I

I am working on upgrading a project from Unity 5.6 to 2020LTS. We're currently using Third Person Character Controller version 1.3.6, but it relies on some obsolete networking-related Unity assemblies, so I'm assuming we'll need to upgrade to a more recent version of the character controller...