Recent content by HU$H

1. H

Requiring inventory for interact ability

Oh okay that helps a lot! I’ll just build an inventory system in that case. Didn’t wanna double up my work if I didn’t have to tho. Thanks so much!
  2. H

Ok i guess im having trouble underrstanding how to add a non-equipable item to the inventory. Isnt the item slot -1 when its non-equipable? If so how would I then check if the user has an item that is non-equipable. The item slot is the left or right hand correct?
  3. H

Oh my bad it’s an array of ItemType’s, and then I use CreateItemIdentifier() on each required item type to get the item Identifier. Not sure that’s the best way, I couldn’t find any other way to get the ID from the ItemType class. From there I’m grabbing the item from the inventory with...
  4. H

Well I created a new interact ability that uses my custom UnlockableInteractable script but for some reason it cant find my item in the inventory. I do see it in my inventory as seen bellow: But when I grab my item identifier and try to get the item using InventoryBase.GetItem(id, slot) it...
  5. H

Is there a way to require an item in the characters inventory in order to interact with an interactable item? I tried making a new interactable script that requires the item in when running CanInteract(), but it seems the interact ability requires the class named Interactable to work which...
  6. H

FOG - Post Processing on First Person camera is different

Amazing thank you! That worked out great. Only problem now is I have to copy all my state settings over which is a lot. Is there any plan to add an importer/exporter to the state section itself? I know you can save entire state settings to load with a set of components but having each...
  7. H

yep thats working! The one thing is that UCC has some settings for the first person camera that I cant seem to change. It automatically sets the Clear Flags on the camera to "Depth Only" and the Culling Mask to "Overlay". Both of these need to change for it to work, they need to be Clear...
  8. H

It seems to have something to do with the skybox? In the deffered fog settings of the post processing component there is an option to exlude the skybox, when I check this I get my vision back but theres no fog. Almost like the camera is viewing everything as part of the skybox. Any idea why...
  9. H

I have setup a palyer using post processing layers on each camera, when the perspective changes an opsive event fires to turn off the third person perspective camera processing to avoid combining the two cameras processing and getting double the effect. The problem is, when I do that, the fog...
  10. H

NWH Physics - Player not fitting in car, car starts spinning

Are you using the new input system integration? Yes. I fixed the issue of not controlling the car by importing the SceneManager from the Opsive NWH Integration Demo (did not see this in NWH quickstart, must have missed it) For the positioning make sure you have a Move Towards Location...
  11. H

The demo scene with Nolan works perfectly. Using a custom character in the demo scene has this positioning issue, and the controls don’t work.
  12. H

Hello, I'm working with the NWH integration and running through the setup. I've gotten pretty far but I've hit a little snag im not sure where to go from here. After following the setup instructions and testing the demos to ensure things are setup correctly, I set up my first car. Things seem...
  13. H

Hang Ledge Transfer Animation triggers twice

I love you with all my heart lol, that fixed it. The "In Position Shimmy Distance" was the issue so this is likely due to character proportions and rigging. I will replace most if not all of the animations but to start I am learning the controller inside out, building my own abilities etc...
  14. H

Okay, yes - after locating the Animator Monitor Component and enabling "Log Ability Parameter Changes" and "Log Events" I can see it fires the AbilityIntData change late, and fires no Events during a transfer process at all. Monitoring Nolan's events tho, he does not Log any Events either, but...
  15. H

Ohhhhhh on the Animator Monitor Component. I just spent an hour looking for an Animator Monitor in Unity or trying to log events from the Animator lol. I forgot you have a component named Animator Monitor. Ok looking into this now