Recent content by grkwasniewski

1. G

The character is going through simple colliders.

That was it. Thank you :)
  2. G

The character is going through simple colliders.

This might be related to Unity itself, but maybe someone can help me with this. I have a basic setup for the character with the capsule collider and rigid body. Often, when I try to interact with simple objects (for example, jump onto the box, box has a collider and rigid body), the character...
  3. G

FPS count and Jump ability

Yes, you are right. When I set Update Location to "Fixed update," it works ok. And I can see a note about limiting FPS in the editor. My bad. Thank you. Can you tell in short why this works this way?
  4. G

FPS count and Jump ability

One thing bothers me, and I didn't find an answer to that. If I have an FPS count around 60, Jump Ability works as it should. But when the FPS jumps to around 200 / 300, the Player can move very fast, but the Jump is nonexistent. It's very short. Why is this thing tied to FPS value?
  5. G

Video about setting up dual wielding

Yep, I was able to setup dual-wielding using steps from the documentation that you mentioned :)
  6. G

Never mind :) I have found what I need.
  7. G

Hi all :) Quick question. Is there are a video about setting up dual wielding for guns.? I can swear that I saw it somewhere on the Opsive youtube channel, but I can't find it anymore. Thanks
  8. G

Best way to toggle equipped weapon for a short while.

Thank you very much. Setting ItemSet Index to -1 was what I needed.
  9. G

Yeah, I have already tried that (fragment from my implementation): var equipUnequipAbilities = _characterLocomotion.GetAbilities<EquipUnequip>(); int itemSetIndex = 0; if (equipUnequipAbilities != null && equipUnequipAbilities.Length > 0) { for (int i = 0; i...
  10. G

Hi all :) I have this scenario that I want to cover: The Player has a weapon equipped - let say it's in item set == 0 The player tries to pick up some game object - for this example let's say it will be a simple barrel. I have a separate script for that. When the Player pickups the barrel...
  11. G

Adding a delay between enemy attacks - with burst fire

Ohhh ok, that was the information that I was looking for :) Now I can explore different approaches.
  12. G

Yeah, I have tried that already. But when I set Use Rate to 5 seconds + Burst Fire Mode + Burst Dealy to 0.1 - the agent for some reason will still fire only one shoot after 5 seconds. Burst fire is ignored.
  13. G

Hi :) I'm using one of the trees from the DeatmachAI kit. The attack part from the AIAttack subtree looks like this: Whenever AI Agent starts attacking, the "Attack" node starts to run indefinitely, because the node is returning the "Running" state. And I get this part. I thought that I...
  14. G

AI Agent ignoring baked navmesh

After further investigation, it looks like the issue lies in auto-generated navmesh. When I've changed manually the voxel size (tried a few different values) Agent is actually stopping at the edge of the stairs. Thank you for your response, Justin. Closing this one.
  15. G

AI Agent ignoring baked navmesh

So I did add a simple debug script, that renders a line for the next point on the AI path. It looks like the line render is never showing a navigation point on the stairs, but Agent still walks on them. But when he does, he's not doing the movement in a "smooth" way. He is jittering like he is...