Recent content by freddyatlantis

1. freddyatlantis

No Agent Movement with BD and UCC Generic Rig

Oh, this was my bad. I had the Agent Movement Ability set up, but no A* Pathfinding involved. Swapping to a Nav Mesh Agent Ability solved the whole thing. Thanks for your reply, Justin.
  2. freddyatlantis

No Agent Movement with BD and UCC Generic Rig

Hi, I've made some little robot enemies that have generic rigs for animation, set them up as UCC characters, and integrated them for BD. I've set up the behavior tree with an entry point, repeater set to repeat forever, and seek with the target set as my player. This all worked out of the box...
  3. freddyatlantis

Change Character Movement Type Programmatically

Hi, I have the UCC, and am using triggers to change the CameraViewType, which works fine, but I would also like to change the character MovementType. I found this: https://www.opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/movement-type-change.1042/ but that line of code throws an error at the GetType...
  4. freddyatlantis

Moving Objects That Push The Character

Thanks for the reply. After some testing, I see I have the same behavior as in the above post, if the character is standing still there's no collision, but if I wiggle back and forth then the thing works fine. I tested this with the Moving Platform setup, as well as with DOTween...
  5. freddyatlantis

Moving Objects That Push The Character

Okay, this seemed simple, but no. I have the UCC with climb and swim addons installed and activated. The scenario is that there are stone blocks that are animated back and forth with DOTween, and if timed poorly, the player character should be pushed off of a platform. I've tried putting a...
  6. freddyatlantis

Rig or Animations React to Mouse Position

I never thought of that. Thanks.
  7. freddyatlantis

Rig or Animations React to Mouse Position

Hi, I'm using the UCC out of the box, and the player reacts to the mouse position, it looks like mostly the upper body. I know that's intentional in your setup, but my question is, what is causing this? Is it the yaw parameter in the animation controller, or is it a state preset?
  8. freddyatlantis

Player pivot moves to ladder pivot

Nevermind, it was the Airborne Mount Z Offset
  9. freddyatlantis

Player pivot moves to ladder pivot

Hi, While climbing a ladder, the player center moves to the ladder center. In other words, the player model moves up and down in the middle of the ladder, rather than being offset properly. Am I missing something in the setup?
  10. freddyatlantis

Weapon Instantiates at Wrong Scale

I've never run into this before, but I have the UCC set up in third person mode and the player works fine, but when I add a weapon item it instantiates very small. I've tried changing the scale factor on the model, and the Local Spawn Scale on the Third Person Perspective Item script, but they...
  11. freddyatlantis

ApplyForce let's me jump, but only straight up

Yep, now that I look at it in scene view, that's exactly what's happening. Thanks for the tip!
  12. freddyatlantis

I've run this bit: player.AddForce(new Vector3(horizontalForce, jumpForce, horizontalForce), 2, false); up to 60,000 as horizontalForce. No horizontal movement up to that point, but at 60,000 the collider breaks and he falls through the navmesh. Still no horizontal movement, though.
  13. freddyatlantis

Hi, I'm inside of a custom Jump Task for BD. I'm connecting to the UltimateCharacterLocomotion component (var name = enemy), and making the AI character jump. The idea is that he jumps over the player's head and attacks from behind, but I can only get the thing to jump straight up and down...
  14. freddyatlantis

Using the UIS with BD enemies?

Oh, the InventoryIdentifier component solved all of the issues. I just gave the the enemies a unique ID, or removed the component. Thanks
  15. freddyatlantis

Using the UIS with BD enemies?

Hi, I have a question or two about the approach to enemy agents and their inventory. I can set up an enemy character using the UCC 3, then use BD to control the enemy character, and everything works fine. But when I run the enemy character through the UIS integration, I get a warning and two...