Recent content by Fenda

1. F

Fix for lazy loding character models

The issue arises specifically when using Addressables (or similar) to lazy load a character model. This is because the player can be destroyed (e.g. disconnect) before the model finishes loading and instantiates. As far as I am aware there is no way to prevent the Awake() calls from happening on...
  2. F

Fix for lazy loding character models

Hey @Justin Another fix we wanted to contribute. We've been implementing lazy loading of character models using Addressables (we're on UCC v3). At first we tried to use the CharacterInitializer which did work but unfortunately in combination with the PUN add-on it lead to some pretty sticky...
  3. F

Fix for error in PunLookSource

@Justin Just a heads up that we fixed a bug in PunLookSource. In a multiplayer game, if the master client destroys their character and instantiates a new one then they get an error. This is due to m_LookSource being null for one cycle of OnPhotonSerializeView. Was pretty easy to fix, just gotta...
  4. F

Multiplayer Player left room issue

@Justin We're getting the same in public beta testing for our upcoming title too. Managed Stack Trace:Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.AddOns.Multiplayer.PhotonPun.Game.SpawnManagerBase.OnPlayerLeftRoom (Photon.Realtime.Player otherPlayer) (at...
  5. F

Spectator camera view type

Ah, great! I tried enabling the checkbox for Observer in the Deathmatch AI Kit demo but it doesn't seem to do anything. Was hoping to see how that works before purchasing.
  6. F

Spectator camera view type

In a multiplayer third-person game we are hoping to have the camera switch to other players perspectives when you are dead (i.e. spectator mode). Is it possible to attach a third-person camera to other characters? We'd like to maintain camera rotation locally but obviously no character player...
  7. F

Third Person Controller character rotation issue

No worries! Maybe a bool on Adventure for this behaviour rather than a separate movement type would be useful. But i'll leave it to you! Thanks for the help Justin.
  8. F

Ok - we fixed it by subclassing Adventure and using the GetInputVector from TopDown with Previous Acceleration Influence set to 0. using UnityEngine; using Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Utility; using Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.ThirdPersonController.Character.MovementTypes; public...
  9. F

With a high motor rotation you end up with a super snappy movement that looks glitchy. A smooth rotation (on the spot) would be better, as shown in the GIF in my original post. We'd be happy to write a subclass for the Adventure movement type but do you have any tips on what we'd need to write...
  10. F

Just tried that - same result. :(
  11. F

I just installed 3.0.16 to a fresh Unity project and tried the demo scene with Use Root Motion Position both on or off and it happens in both cases. Is there something else I need to do to disable the root motion if that's what the issue is? Here is a video demonstrating with setting either...
  12. F

That's strange. Both myself and someone with a different PC have just verified that the bug happens in that standalone demo too. We are simply just alternating the strafe left/right (A/D) inputs and the character moves forward gradually over time. I'm pretty sure its not an issue with input on...
  13. F

You're not seeing it happen in the demo scene? I've seen there's another post here on the forum about it from a while back but there wasn't really a resolution found then either: https://www.opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/adventure-movement-turn-in-place.3770/
  14. F

Hey Justin! We don't have root motion enabled on the character and our animations are in place. How can we go about getting the character to turn without moving in an arc?
  15. F

We're using the latest version of the Third Person Controller. With the Adventure view and movement type, the character moves forward when we strafe left or right. This is due to the character rotating in a sort of "arc" as can be seen in this GIF: Changing the Motor Rotation Speed to 1 kind...