Recent content by FadelMS

1. FadelMS

Problem with Converse Ability of Dialogue System

Hi, I've been exploring the integration of the Dialogue System and encountered an issue when selecting "Detach Camera." This action triggers the following problem: Error: The character Robot Kyle does not have a look source attached... How can I resolve this issue? Additionally, it's worth...
  2. FadelMS

Minor Bug in V. 3.1

After upgrading to 3.1, I got the following error: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.UI.CrosshairsMonitor.OnAttachCharacter (UnityEngine.GameObject character) (at...
  3. FadelMS

Custom property in a class derived from Ability

Now it works. The problem was in this line of code: (My mistake) Ability myAbility = m_characterLocomotion.GetAbility<MyAbility >(); I changed the code to: MyAbility myAbility = m_characterLocomotion.GetAbility<MyAbility >(); Thanks Justin for your help.
  4. FadelMS

Thanks Justin, It seems I'm missing something. The code mentioned above does not work. It works only if added to the base Ability class. I guess GetAbility() returns an instance of the base Ability class not the derived class. Casting to MyAbility didn't work either.
  5. FadelMS

Hi, Is there a way to add a custom property to a class derived from Ability? And then access the property from the return of GetAbility()? For example: public class MyAbility : Ability { [HideInInspector][SerializeField] public float myProperty; public float My_Property { get =>...
  6. FadelMS

Blitz moves in place

Hi, After upgrading to 3.0.17, Blitz moves in place in the Demo scene. It was working fine in the previous version. Thanks
  7. FadelMS

Colliders Problem

Hi, It seems there is problem with UCC V3. If the character approaches a box from underneath, it goes though it. See the screenshot.
  8. FadelMS

Rung Offset and Rung Separation seem to do nothing

Hi, It's not clear to me what Rung Offset and Rung Separation exactly do. It seems no matter what values you use, nothing changes and the demo works just fine. I even tried to set them both to zero as shown in the snapshot, still the demo works normally. My understanding is that Rung Separation...
  9. FadelMS

Small error in UIS V. 1.1.8

Thanks gentlemen for the great effort you put in maintaining such huge products like UCC and UIS, and also for the excellent support you provide. At the same time, I'd like to report a small error in UIS V.1.1.8. The problem appears when using the Inventory Pickup Template in the Inventory...
  10. FadelMS

Updating to UCC V. 2.3.4

Thanks Justin.
  11. FadelMS

Updating to UCC V. 2.3.4

Since I haven't got any responses from the administrators, I assume that they are aware of this problem but they currently don't have a solution to it, or the developers might be working on updating UIS to be compatible with UCC, in any case, I deserve an answer.
  12. FadelMS

Updating to UCC V. 2.3.4

I don't know why installing UIS first gives me some errors, logically it shouldn't since it can be used without UCC.
  13. FadelMS

Updating to UCC V. 2.3.4

Unfortunately, Justin's response wasn't satisfactory. I found out that UIS replaces "Opsive.Shared.Utility.dll" with an older version dated 4/22/2021 while the one which comes with UCC 2.3.4 is dated 6/30/2021. A workaround is to save the new version somewhere and then copy & paste it back after...
  14. FadelMS

Updating to UCC V. 2.3.4

"files hanging around" where? I'm confused, I installed UCC and UIS in a new project.
  15. FadelMS

Updating to UCC V. 2.3.4

Hi, I've imported the new version of UCC (2.3.4) and installed it, then I imported UIS (V. 1.1.7) and got these two errors: After several attempts (starting from scratch with new projects), I managed to solve the problem by replacing the "Opsive.Shared.Utility.dll) with one from an older...