Recent content by EagleGamer15

1. E

Why have I started getting this warning about the state system?

Recently, I started getting this warning from the State Manager when calling SetState() through a character's Ultimate Character Locomotion component: "Warning: Unable to find the state with the name {stateName}." The thing is that a couple days ago I was making the same call and entering the...
  2. E

Custom animator controller is animating wrong. What Unity magic did you guys do for the Demo controller?

I did some more research, changed around my search terms, and eventually I found the issue. In the animator, on the base layer (or any layer with IK animations), I had to have IK Pass checked. Once I did that my animations stayed anchored to the ground correctly. Still don't understand why the...
  3. E

Trying to execute an event and getting a null reference exception.

Is this still available for Version 3? I could not find it on the downloads page.
  4. E

Custom animator controller is animating wrong. What Unity magic did you guys do for the Demo controller?

I tried disabling the Character IK Component, it had no effect. I'm not surprised as it was enabled on the far left character.
  5. E

Character Layer Manager interfering with other plugin

I finally figured it out. It was the Object Fader on the camera forcibly changing the materials settings when AD was trying to do the same thing. I just needed to toggle off Fade Character.
  6. E

I'm having some...issues with my animations and controller. All three are the same rig, playing the same animation, with the same avatar: The one on the far right is a blank model with nothing but my custom animator controller. The one in the middle is the same prefab but with all the...
  7. E

Sudden Problem with Falling through Floor after Jumping

So the differing grounded debugs were because I forgot about another active character in the scene. After deactivating them, and adding in some more debug lines, I found that it isn't grounding because it is fulfilling the conditions at line 1214 and continuing the for loop rather than updating...
  8. E

Sudden Problem with Falling through Floor after Jumping

My character suddenly started falling through the floor after jumping: I put some Debug.Log lines into the DetectGroundCollision method of CharacterLocomotion.cs, it keeps saying that the character is grounded and the closest raycasthit is the floor (technically it is saying that grounded is...
  9. E

Item won't Unequip when Removed from the Inventory?

It's because the ability is not active yet (so !IsActive returns true), and m_ItemSetManager.GetActiveItemSetIndex(m_ItemSetGroupIndex) is returning the same number as the provided itemSetIndex (which, I should think it should be because that's the item set [the currently active item set] I want...
  10. E

Item won't Unequip when Removed from the Inventory?

So, I have a consumable item that I am reducing in my character's inventory using InventoryBase.RemoveItemIdentifierAmount() (so it can give the correct slot # instead of -1). Except when the amount hits 0, the Item Set Manager won't deactivate the item set and move to the rule that has nothing...
  11. E

Wait task returning failure

You are correct, that is what was happening. The tree is too big and it was off screen. Sorry about that. And thank you.
  12. E

Wait task returning failure

Pictured below I have a subsection of one of my Behavior graphs (and the should be obvious problem): As you can see, the Wait task is trying to run, but is returning TaskStatus.Failure...somehow, as is my Until Success decorator, which should also be impossible. What this does is build up...
  13. E

Is there anything in Opsive (specifically the CLM) that would mess with Material.SetVector()? When I comment out that line in Advanced Dissolve, the effect behaves the same outside of play mode as it does inside play mode.
  14. E

Hello, I started using the Shader/Material manipulation tool Advanced Dissolve (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/shaders/advanced-dissolve-111598) to animate pieces of my character. However, when I have everything set up, it does not work. How it is supposed to work is when I move a...