Recent content by DainBramages

1. D

Magic Frustrations

If I add a particle spawn to the impact action group for a hit effect, it only plays the first hit. Sometimes it still shows it spawned in the hierachy and sometimes it doesn't. But it only works on the first impact. How do I end/reset that?
  2. D

Magic Frustrations

I do those exact settings and don't get an indicator. Does it only work with teleport? The caster module comes before the cast effects modules so I would assume you should be able to use "indicate" and set your target position regardless which effects you put down or at least get the indicator...
  3. D

Magic Frustrations

I can't get the surfaceindicator to show up. The only demo for it is Teleport. What are the requirements to create a magic action that actually draws the surfaceindicator? Selecting a game object for it and setting the "direction' to 'Indicate' isn't enough. The best I can get is an instant...
  4. D

What is the Runtime Source Code download used for?

I installed it before on another installation and received the ONE error about duplicate file names. I fixed that and moved on. When I installed it this time, it broke every integration script for Dialogue for Unity which was weird (and I still can't get that integration package to reinstall...
  5. D

What is the Runtime Source Code download used for?

All it did was break my installation. Uninstalling just leaves it broken.
  6. D

3rd Person Holstering and Non Dominant Hand IK Targeting Qs

For anyone who might find it tedious to set up a weapon/item, to copy the position/rotation settings for the Third Person Perspective, I use an empty Gameobject to hold the values so I can copy/paste them. You don't have to write anything down or try to remember any numbers. When you stop play...
  7. D

Targets Array has Offended the Gods

It is telling me element 0 of the targets array doesn't have something but I have no idea what "targets" are in the array or how they are set. I was getting that Proximity Selector error message and I think I created an Interact ability that made the quest work. But I was having trouble getting...
  8. D

What makes it think something is a "target" though?
  9. D

Okay. What did I do to get this Targets arry is null error?>
  10. D

Can't Create Item Definitions

I had to open one of my previous other 9 Opsive projects that I restarted after they went sideways to test this. So, yeah, when you make a new Item Definition it starts as the "Uncategorized" category which is probably the only time you use that category. Somehow I fatfinger clicked the...
  11. D

This is the integration demo database. I added one thing to it a few days ago and it worked fine. I made a new category and when I tried to add anything in the item definition blank and press 'Add', I get that warning and error.
  12. D

The third person camera will always shake when integrating Malbers Animations according to the tutorial

It's been broken for two weeks. I emailed him but he ignored it. I was going to ask on the Discord but I'm so over so many problems that I couldn't say it in a nice way so I'm waiting until I find it in me. Maybe he'll get to it soon.
  13. D

You type anything in the Item Definition blank on the UIS manager and hit 'add' and you get the same log warning and error. Normally, it lets me type whatever I want and then I assign a category and set the settings.
  14. D

Getting a warning and error that "Cannot create ItemDefinition with null or abstract Category" when I try to create a new Item Definition in the UIS manager. It was working 2 days ago. Now, suddenly not. It allows me to create categories. I just can't make new things to use under them. This...
  15. D

How do you do ANYTHING with this?

I'm super frustrated but I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I'm sure you have a lot on your plate. I will try the newer version of Unity and see what happens. I've had a lot of issues where things seem inconsistent, though. Something will work and then just not. But I can actually do...