Recent content by CraigHubbard

1. C

AI doesn't stop attacking

Thanks for the clarification! I tried setting Stop Type to automatic but no luck. The AI still keeps looping Start Stop Use. I can see that the Use ability is alternating between showing (Active) and not showing it, but the Start Stop Use task doesn't advance. The demo agent is set to manual...
  2. C

Yes, the Start Stop Use task stays active and the sequence doesn't reach the Wait task that follows it. It happens both with my character, which is set up with a katana, as well as the demo agent with the sword, copy/pasted directly from the demo scene but overridden with my external BT. In...
  3. C

Thanks for the quick response! I'm not 100 percent sure I understand what you mean by "melee item action". I'm interpreting that to be things like Use, Use Complete, etc. on the weapon item, which I've got set up identically to yours. As a test, I applied my BT to the nolan agent and get the...
  4. C

Hello, I posted this on Discord, but this is probably a better place for it: I've set up a melee-based character with a very simple BT intended to make it opportunistically attack when the player comes within range. The thing is that I want ONE attack, but the attack loops endlessly. The only...
  5. C

Weapon fire event (using Bolt)

It worked! As a heads up, the first person bow release animation doesn't seem to be used. Took me a while to notice because I was so sure I was doing something wrong that I was looking for problems elsewhere, but finally it occurred to me to monitor the animator and I saw the issue right away...
  6. C

Okay, I'll give that a try! Thanks for the quick response!
  7. C

I'm trying to set up a stimulus on weapon fire. I only have two weapons that will both have the same stimulus profile, so I don't need to know which weapon fired, only that one of them did so that I can do an overlap check for nearby enemies. And one of the weapons is a bow, so I need a fire...
  8. C

block a raycast from passing through objects

Just ran into this same issue. I'll stick with an offset. :)
  9. C

Assign clip hand on a runtime pickup?

In your weapon prefab, look in the First/Third Person Shootable Weapon Properties section for Reloadable Clip Attachment ID. Set a value there, then go into your player and add an Object Identifier component to the object you want to assign and set the same value there. I actually just set up a...
  10. C

Feature request: min/max slope angle for Motor Slope Force Up/Down

To solve some issues with getting stuck on irregular terrain details, I decided a good tradeoff would be to increase the Slope Limit to 85 and go with more intentional solutions for player containment, but I thought about testing the idea of slowing players slightly (e.g. 0.7) on steep slopes...
  11. C

Enemy Death Layer: Children Option

Just adding another vote for this feature. :) Edit: I see in a different thread that children are supposed to be switching layer on death at least as of 10/2019, but mine are remaining on the subcharacter layer. I've verified that the parent is switching layers as intended. Did I miss a setup...
  12. C

just updated from version2-->2.2. got these two Compiler errors:

I finally figured it out. FPC apparently didn't update correctly for some reason, so I was still on 2.2.2. I reimported 2.2.3, verified the version in the Main Manager, and then reimported the integration with no further issues. Sorry, false alarm. :p
  13. C

Hm, I had already deleted and reimported First Person Controller and Behavior Designer. I got the error as soon as I added the UCC integration package for Behavior Designer. At first I thought the integration might be out of date, but the variables look correct in the demoagent script according...
  14. C

Thanks for the quick response, Andrew! The issue is with the demoagent script for the UCC integration for Behavior Designer. I've got the latest versions of First Person Controller (2.2.3) and Behavior Designer (1.6.5) and simply imported the integration package, which I downloaded immediately...
  15. C

Ran into the same thing after updating the FPC and Behavior Designer and adding the UCC integration for BD. What was the specific solution? :)