Recent content by Colton_VitruviusVR

1. C

Conditional vs Action

Hey All, Is there any performance difference between using conditional and actions? The only difference I can see is conditionals can be used in conditional evaluation, is there any other difference? Cheers, Colton
  2. C

Prefab Questions

Nvm lol, ill take a look!
  3. C

Prefab Questions

Thanks for the reply Justin, I will look into the external tree, how do I download the RTS sample? I'm not certain this will solve the issue (as the time seems to be coming from passing variables into the trees which will have to happen anyways?) but I do think it is a better workflow. I am...
  4. C

Prefab Questions

Hey Justin, My current workflow is assigning variables at runtime to prefabbed trees (each NPC has 4 trees Idle/Alert/Attack/Dead). This works fine, but I just started attempting to implement async additive loading. Assigning all the variables at runtime takes about 88ms for 10 NPCs which is...
  5. C

Tree Layout

Hey All, Currently I have 3 nodes in my attacking tree called "update attack type", "melee attack" and "range attack" which constantly run in parallel. The update attack type decides whether to melee or range attack and the other 2 nodes call external monobehaviours to do the actual attacks...
  6. C

Tree Feedback

Hey All, Now that i've been working with behavior designer for about a week I think i'm getting the hang of it and I have my first tree complete. I was wondering if I could get some feedback particularly related to performance. The requirements are as follows: Enemy AI Behavior that can: -...
  7. C

Editor Issues

I will work on packaging up a project for you, as I don't want to post it here, where should I send it? EDIT: I started a conversation with you
  8. C

Editor Issues

Justin, would it be possible to setup a time tomorrow to address these issues (maybe a screen share or something)? As it stands right now this asset is unusable for us and I am concerned with it moving forward. Cheers, Colton
  9. C

Editor Issues

Latest issue is: ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. at System.RuntimeType.GetField (System.String name, System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingAttr) [0x00003] in <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0 at BinaryDeserialization.LoadNodeData...
  10. C

Editor Issues

Just posting as an update. The external trees does work much better, but is still far from flawless. Over the last day I have had instances of the editor locking (when enabling game objects with behaviors on them), updating variable names errors (some kind of count error), reflection errors...
  11. C

Best Way For Multiple Behaviors To Interact?

Hey All, Today I read over the formation code and I was wondering what the best way to have multiple Trees interact with each other is (i.e 2 NPCs having a conversation or formations)? For example, in the formation code, everything is stored in the tree itself, but each tree must maintain the...
  12. C

Editor Issues

Yes it seems external trees work much better, thanks!
  13. C

Editor Issues

Also seeing issues where I click on the prefab instance in the scene and the graph is just blank, but when I go into the prefab the graph is fine, again causing me to delete the prefab and drag a new one in. Another issue (only happened once so far) every time I clicked on the prefab instance in...
  14. C

Editor Issues

Hey Justin, Thanks for the prompt response. The main error i'm getting is the following: IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. BehaviorDesigner.Editor.BehaviorDesignerUtility.GetTaskGUIStyle (System.Int32 colorIndex) (at <d917a79751444cb5b4a389f044c18334>:0)...
  15. C

Editor Issues

I think it has something to do with the new prefab system. I have been opening the prefab to edit the tree, but if an error occurs during play mode, the graph on the prefab instance in the scene gets broken and I must drag a new one in.