Recent content by clarson

1. C

FPS Mesh Tool and First Person arm positioning

I'm also finding that it seems better to use the FPS tool to create a separate mesh with just the arms, and then add that to my prefab, much like Nolan is. I still have to adjust the pivot point on the weapons first person perspective component to get the arms positioned right, but I don't have...
  2. C

Thanks, that would be a nice feature. I haven't started to tackle that quite yet so thanks for the tip, so I know what to focus on.
  3. C

This could just be related to the model size difference, although I'm not sure yet. Going to step through this with a different model and see what happens.
  4. C

That seems to be working for the arm position, except now when I position the weapon to fit it's much smaller in the camera view then when I was using it with the Nolan character. With Nolan I could adjust it to fit the hands in the scene view and it looked the same in the camera, but now it is...
  5. C

I do have a weapon equipped. It's a runtime weapon, how does that work if I were to have different player models the player could choose from, since the weapon will be configured for this specific player model? And I will give that a try, it never dawned on me to try adjusting the arm position...
  6. C

Using the FPS Mesh Tool to separate the arms out on a model. Everything is working, except that the arms are way above the head. I found a post where Justin had suggested using the First Person Perspective component to adjust the pivot, but that doesn't exist on the character, the only place I...
  7. C

After doing PUN setup for a NPC character, default weapons stop equipping at start

Issue seems to be because I'm not loading the scene from a "menu", and I am simply connecting within a level. Since there is not a connection until after much of the scene has loaded, it causes this issue. I may need to make the connection script a higher priority or something.
  8. C

After doing PUN setup for a NPC character, default weapons stop equipping at start

If I remove the PunNetworkInfo script from the agent, the sword equips fine. Looking at the script, I'm wondering if it is because I'm currently running in offline mode?
  9. C

I created a new agent character with a sword. When starting the scene, all was well and the sword was equipped by default. I then did the PUN setup (through the add-on Manager->Object Setup). Now when I start the scene, it is not equipped by default. If I kill the agent and let it respawn...
  10. C

NPC Sword won't equip on start, but will equip after respawn

Still not sure what is up with my current agents, but I went through and created a new one from scratch and it is working in the scene. Going to do some comparison to track down the difference, so just ignore my original question.
  11. C

NPC Sword won't equip on start, but will equip after respawn

I have an agent that when it spawns, it is not equipping the sword by default. If I kill it, when it respawns, it equips it just fine. I have been digging through this for a while, and watched tutorials about setup, but I can't figure out what is up. I even setup a behavior on it that doesn't...
  12. C

PUN suddenly demanding I attach a "look source" out of nowhere.

I'm having this same issue - it would appear that GetDeltaYawRotation within Combat class is getting called BEFORE OnAttachLookSource in the UltimateCharacterLocomotion class. Because of that GetDeltaYawRotation logs the error because it needs the looksource and it is null at that time. Note...