Recent content by burak.tezateser@nowherest

1. burak.tezateser@nowherest

Animation culling creates problem for characters entering screen

Hello, We have prefab characters on a procedurally generated world. We load chunks of the map when the character comes near them but we use animation culling for better performance. When animation culling is on (instead of "always animate", characters entering the screen don't play the...
  2. burak.tezateser@nowherest

Feature Request for Behavior Tree Reference Task

Just popping up the issue. I would really appreciate to see this feature. If it comes, I can promise to show a very large scale use case for behavior designer. I have hundreds of different creatures with some unique and many shared behaviors. I need to appoint reference trees to variables to be...
  3. burak.tezateser@nowherest

Exactly! That would be awesome :) You mean the variable being used by the reference task is to have a variable option on the red dot of my first image right?
  4. burak.tezateser@nowherest

Running trees on different frequency to reduce spikes

You seem to have lots of agents around. I would like that extra responsiveness from all entities but we don't really need that I assume. We use profiler and deep profiler to check the sources of extra ms for each frame. Similar to you I guess.
  5. burak.tezateser@nowherest

Thanks! We ignored boolean checks so far I should pay some attention on that part as well I guess. How many agents you have on the scene and what are the specs you are trying to optimize for? We have up to 50 and they have 4-5 checks on every tick. When we reduce the distance checks, they...
  6. burak.tezateser@nowherest

Thank you Justin, I am aware of what you're saying and I'm using the variables on the main tree to override the variables on the child tree already. This works well for all types of variables except the one that we can't turn into a variable: "external behaviors" I have child trees that have...
  7. burak.tezateser@nowherest

In our project we realized that the most processing power consuming task was the within distance. We tried to optimize the trees around it and then later we made an edit to the task with a "collision check interval" value, so that even within a single tree if the within distance task is not so...
  8. burak.tezateser@nowherest

Hello Opsive, I've been using Behavior Designer extensively over the past months. I had an ecstasy when I discovered the power of behavior tree references. Unfortunately, I can't reference a behavior variable within a "Behavior Tree Refence" task. That would have been awesome to have since I am...
  9. burak.tezateser@nowherest

Weird Pathfinding on Seek Target Position

Hello, I've been using Behavior Designer for a while and I'm not entirely sure if this problem is related with Behavior Designer or something else but let me explain: My problem occurs when I use seek with target position instead of target game object. When I reference a target game object, the...
  10. burak.tezateser@nowherest

Using restart behavior tree or send / has received event tasks on other prefab objects

Thank you Justin, you have a great support. I'm in love with this tool already :) Also, programmers are involved and we're doing some scripting and adding a few extra functions to existing tasks. Let me know if you would be interested to add the changes we're working on to your end. I would be...
  11. burak.tezateser@nowherest

Using restart behavior tree or send / has received event tasks on other prefab objects

We're using BD on a procedurally generated map and we're using prefab game objects. We're creating a simple ecosystem of foxes, bunnies and carrots. Let me present my problem using the behavior trees of bunnies. Bunnies have 3 states. We use conditional aborts. As a higher priority state, they...
  12. burak.tezateser@nowherest

Wander Task always ends up going north

I'm having the same issue. Did you find a workaround at least for it? Btw, I'm working on a similar scene with rabbits and they're moving north :)