Recent content by brl0000

1. B

Issue with UCC 2.4.7 / Unity 2021.2.19f1: Inspector presets don't work

Thanks Justin. My apologies, the entire call stack didn't paste in. Here it is, in full: Let me know if it's still the case that UCC doesn't call any of these, and I'll report a bug to Unity. Thanks! Edit: I've further narrowed down the potential source of the issue: If I only delete...
  2. B

Issue with UCC 2.4.7 / Unity 2021.2.19f1: Inspector presets don't work

I've noticed when trying to use UCC 2.4.7 with a clean install of 2021.2.19f1, that Inspector presets no longer work when clicking on the icon in the inspector tab. Instead I'm seeing this console error, and the preset dialog never appears: If I remove the entire /Assets/Opsive folder, the...
  3. B

Crawl ability and First Person Combat view

I'm running into a strange issue with my character's First Person Combat view when using the crawl ability. I'm using a button input to activate/deactivate the crawl ability. That part works. But I'm looking to restore the camera position to its normal first person combat view position when...
  4. B

Problems with slide ability

Many thanks for the info, Justin, makes it very clear!
  5. B

Problems with slide ability

I'm having some difficulty with the slide ability, and was wondering if it works the way I'm expecting. In general, I would not expect my character to be able to climb an object with a frictionless physic material, when the surface's slope, relative to the orientation of the character, is within...
  6. B

Anyone know how to fix this Warning Message?

I'm having this same issue, using the Demo controller with replaced animations. I've checked all the animations, and "Animated Custom Properties" is not checked anywhere. No curves exist, so none are controlling the Speed parameter anywhere I can see. Every replaced animation induces the warning...
  7. B

Jump while running?

Thanks Justin, indeed you're right. But it's the hardware. My Keyboard doesn't support this key combination, if you can believe it! https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/4403199567639-Some-multi-key-combinations-do-not-work-on-K740-keyboard-Since-when-Why-...
  8. B

Jump while running?

I have a character based on the demo scene, and have never been able to get the character to jump while running. I also noticed that the demo scene itself behaves the same way: with the speed change ability active, the jump ability doesn't start. This happens in first and third-person views. I...
  9. B

'StateObject' type missing upon 2.3.5 update (StateManager.cs)

Saw Justin's reply on a similar thread. Needed to remove the Ultimate Character Controller subfolder under the Opsive folder before updating. Solved, thanks!
  10. B

'StateObject' type missing upon 2.3.5 update (StateManager.cs)

Just updated from 2.3 to 2.3.5, and am now seeing the following compiler error: Assets\Opsive\Shared\StateSystem\StateManager.cs(523,27): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'StateObject' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) Anyone else get this...
  11. B

Traversing a large moving object and avoiding jitter?

My characters need to traverse large moving "ground" objects, and often these objects are also rotating on any given axis. So far, I've been unable to implement this in UCC without having significant visible jitter. This jitter disappears whenever the ground object is still, even if at resting...
  12. B

External behaviors: How to set up and start them?

Thanks Justin! I'll take a look at the RTS sample project. As an aside, I can confirm that the behaviors do run in the build as opposed to just in editor play mode, but they don't function the same. The agent will react to damage and try to melee when the player is within range, but the agent...
  13. B

External behaviors: How to set up and start them?

I've got a behavior tree adapted from the UCC integration example that I wish to use as an external behavior on multiple agents. I've successfully exported it. When I can get it to actually execute, it works as I need. But it seems to only want to run in the editor, and only if I have the agent...
  14. B

Item Manager error: "The character must be an already created character."

I'm starting to try to configure my character to use the assault rifle, following along with the tutorial video. The Item manager won't let me build the assault rifle item presumably because of this error. This character has been functional in my project for quite some time, I've created custom...
  15. B

Can't add items to script execution order. Error: ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: Assets/Opsive/Shared/Game/

So after deleting the metata cited in the error and reimporting the .dll, the error is exactly the same.