Recent content by Berza

1. B

Multiple Editor Windows for BT

I tried to solve this one for my designer, but failed. Can there be an option to open multiple BT Editors? Like i take BT1 and lock Window1, and then i open Window2 with BT2, and can take a look at them both, at the same time. Like copy from one to another, or search for differences. This...
  2. B

Placeholder node idea and colourfull nodes.

A final note of what we have accomplished using both PH node and node coloring : Using multiple colors for PH nodes we can instantly distinct the dialogue ones ( blue ) and minigame / flow stuff ( orange ) from one another, and don't waste time for "not-mine-stuff". Additionaly, we are...
  3. B

This is amazing :) Now I wish have read some documentations. We are going to use colorfull icons anyway, but this is also a gamechanger. :) Using those, a special placeholder icon is maybe less needed, but this coloring is still NOT sensitive to SEARCH option, while Placeholder node is. Im...
  4. B

I didn't notice the ability to color a single node. But it sounds AWESOME. How do i do it?! :) Only noticed them coloring when running ( red & green ) or orange when using search option. The main and only difference between Placeholder node and log node is readability. Logs may be used for...
  5. B

Well, im just sharing my idea for using Behavior Designer : 1. DO, make colorful nodes. It helps a lot with reading the BTs, and its very easy to implement. Its just a couple of minutes for a simple icon for any arts person, or you can download somethink. Here is an idea of color-code yellow...
  6. B

Variables are weirdly shared in external BTs ?

Thanks for your reply. We did plug the External BTs onto instances of our persons, not their prefabs. Anyway, a solution was pretty simple, once found: We are Instantiating a copy of EBT before assigning it. var treeCopy = Instantiate(_myTree); treeCopy.Init(); and pass it onto prefab...
  7. B

Variables are weirdly shared in external BTs ?

Hi! I am just beginning to use Behavior Designer. My idea was to keep trees small and clean by changing External BTs for people in my game (pedestrian decorations). Lets say, some are performing group discussions, while others are shopping, or just wandering around. Every person was supposed...