Recent content by atmosgames

1. A

My character sticks to walls. I'd rather him fall down them.

Hi Justin thanks again for the response. None of these solutions do anything for me unfortunately. Regarding "cheating" by sprinting into the walls, I can still do that, even with the script change. Please see video. As for disabling positional input, this has the desired effect, however, it...
  2. A

Hi Justin, thanks so much for your help as usual. So I received the new script via email for Slide.cs, and it definitely works, however, I can still cheat by tapping the edge of walls. I've also still been able to get the player to stick. Please see video: I guess I'm confused: is it not...
  3. A

Hey Justin, I've sent you an email with the project. Looking forward to seeing what's up.
  4. A

Justin, I will double check with the demo scene, and see if I can get you a repro project that isn't massive :) Right now it's pretty big.
  5. A

Hey Justin, I will try #1 and #2, although my primary concern for my game is #3. I've tried adjusting the values to no avail. Here's a quick video showing you what happens:
  6. A

Justin, I've been able to replicate your gif. However, walls in general are still very sticky and buggy. I figured the best way to go about explaning is a quick video (be sure to turn sound up, my mic volume was pretty low sorry): Any help would be amazing. Thank you! Thomas
  7. A

Thanks for the response Justin. I'll give this a shot and see what happens. So far after adding this it doesn't really do what I was hoping. I can still run directly into the face of the cliff and the slide will stop. Additionally, the slide allows me to travel directly down the cliff face and...
  8. A

Any ideas as to what I can do to ensure my character will slide down the walls as opposed to stand on them [image 1] I've also noticed that when my player is in this position, he can't jump. I'd much rather the player always be able to jump, even in sticky positions like this (for example...
  9. A

Disable player movement without disabling the camera movement

I'd like to be able to disable the player's movement while still allowing the player to look around with the camera. This is specifically for the Third Person Character Controller. Any thoughts? Thanks so much!! Thomas
  10. A

Point head at object within a certain range

Thanks Justin I will try this!
  11. A

Point head at object within a certain range

I'd like my third person character's head to look at an object if he's within a certain range, like 10 units. I know about Aim Assist, but this points the camera too. I'd much rather the character's head just point at various objects, for example, NPCs you can talk to. Thanks for any help!
  12. A

Zelda-esque unequip when running, equip when pressing Fire

Perfect thank you! For those curious: I ended up creating a Holster (by pressing sprint [shift]) and Equip ([shoot] item ability). They are basically identical to Toggle Equip, except it forces either true or false, not a toggle. The only line I changed was in the AbilityStarted function: var...
  13. A

Can't drag Splash prefabs to inspector field

Ok great. And I'm still unsure, but did I do something wrong here? Or was this just a glitch with the system? Thanks again Justin, your rock!
  14. A

Zelda-esque unequip when running, equip when pressing Fire

I'm working on my next commercial release, and am having a hard time getting a grasp on how I can holster my weapon when I begin sprinting, and equipping my weapon when I press the fire button. I've looked into using the item equip varifier, but I'm not sure what to do here. I've also looked...
  15. A

Can't drag Splash prefabs to inspector field

I've added your script and noticed a new problem. I'm able to add a particle prefab "splash", but the moment I try and add an audio clip, everything gets reset (the particle prefab suddenly becomes empty)! Please help, thanks so much Justin!