Recent content by adampliska

1. A

Possible bug with FirstPersonController.TransformLook

Ahh I must have an old version! Here is what the method looks like for me: /// <summary> /// Attaches the view type to the specified character. /// </summary> /// <param name="character">The character to attach the camera to.</param> public override void...
  2. A

Possible bug with FirstPersonController.TransformLook

I might have found a bug in the TransformLook ViewType. I use this viewtype to "zoom into" objects in my game world. So I flip between a 3rd person viewtype and this first person transform look view type. If I enable the transformlook viewtype, and set the proper move and rotation targets, then...
  3. A

Is there a way to add a state the CharacterIk script after it's created?

I got this working, and it did not require me to subclass the CharacterIK component. Quite simply, I just needed to set the root game object holding the component to inactive, then add the states programmaticly, then reactivate the root game object! easy!
  4. A

Is there a way to add a state the CharacterIk script after it's created?

Hi there, I am using UMA, I have been using the plugin provided for UCC. I have the system working pretty well with a dynamic UMA being created fully at runtime. However, I am not able to add a state to the CharacterIk script. The states for that script seem to be initialized during the Awake...
  5. A

Single handed dominant items

Thank you for pointing me in that direction. I believe you are correct and that the state system is worth exploring. I found lots of information about that here: https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/state-system/ including that youtube video you pointed out. I...
  6. A

Single handed dominant items

Hi there, Is there a way to configure UCC to support a single handed, right hand in this case, dominant item, without aiming and using affecting the left hand/arm in any way? My setup so far: Custom UsableItem object applied to the item in question – this takes the place of any “shootable”...
  7. A

Possible Bug with multiple shootable weapons - no ammo type defined

Hey there, I noticed that if I have two shootable weapons, and neither uses ammo, the script crashes in ShootableWeapon.CheckForSharedConsumableItemTypes. It seems that in C# two nulls are equal to each other...
  8. A

Help finding the example with the 'charge' option

Hey there. I'm looking though the Ultimate Character Controller demo stuff, trying to find a shooting weapon charge demo. Can someone point me to the correct location to view that? If there actually isn't one, can you please offer some pointers on how to deal with a custom item action that uses...
  9. A

UMA + FinalIKBridge

Hey there, just wanted to get back to you. So, it seems that the FullBodyBipedIK is REQUIRED for the LookIK stuff to work... I'm not sure why I didn't guess this. Once I added the full body stuff, the look hooked up to the local look source script, and all is working perfectly. Thanks for your...
  10. A

UMA + FinalIKBridge

Another thing I just realized... I just assumed I could use the LookAtIK script without the FullBodyBipedIK. I will try adding that as well.
  11. A

UMA + FinalIKBridge

Fair enough question. I will need a bit of time to play with that. I don't have any non-UMA characters in my current project. I'll spin up a new one quick and see if those iterations work for me. I suspect they will, and I expect that my issue is related to the codified approach I took to using...
  12. A

UMA + FinalIKBridge

Hello, Hoping someone can help me with a problem trying to add FinalIKBridge to an UMA setup that uses the Ultimate Character Controller. I am doing the UMA setup though code, using the provided UMA Character Builder, and the UMA Ability Builder scripts. I can get the UMA loaded, I can move...
  13. A

Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Integrations.UMA.m_CharacterCreated is protected?

Hey, sorry for the late reply. Actually I just made it public for now. It was an easy change and I can now access it though code. But though the Unity IDE.... very odd. It still doesn't work, even after making it public. No error, just when I click the + icon to add a new handler, nothing...
  14. A

Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Integrations.UMA.m_CharacterCreated is protected?

I'm trying to add a handler to Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Integrations.UMA.m_CharacterCreated via script, but the member is protected... Why is this? I made it public, but I'm trying to understand why it was set as protected. Also, not sure if it's just me but in Unity 2019.2.9f1 I'm...