Ultimate Steamworks Networking - Assets Project (Fish-Net, Mirror and Netcode)

Sorry for the wait but the controller is complex, I just finished the Client-Side Prediction and Server Reconciliation of the Top-Down, I could have taken care of it later but I preferred to take care of it now because I was still optimizing it, I'll leave Abilities Ride and Drive for later, I'll finish as soon as possible, see you soon! :)

I think I overdid it trying to do the Client-Side Prediction of all Abilities and ItemsAbilities, even AAA games don't have it!
I will try to add the Server Reconciliation to see if I can get something stable..
I'll keep you informed.
?

I think I overdid it trying to do the Client-Side Prediction of all Abilities and ItemsAbilities, even AAA games don't have it!
I will try to add the Server Reconciliation to see if I can get something stable..
I'll keep you informed.
?
Looking forward to it :)
Rmb, if you need any help, testing anything. Let me know. And just to be clear, I don't want anything in return :)

I finally managed to get something stable regarding movement and attacks, now I need to look into MoveToward, Interact, Ride and Drive.

However, I will condemn the host mode of the server authoritative model, but don't worry I won't delete it for a development issue, it's up to you not to make it accessible to players.

I think I won't come out pre-release, since it's gone, I'll put a stable version directly on the Asset Store.

?

Last edited:
However, I will condemn the host mode of the server authoritative model, but don't worry I won't delete it for a development issue, it's up to you not to make it accessible to players.

I'm not sure I understand this statement? I honestly only want to use it for a server authoritative mode, where I host the servers.

Authoritative ModelsServer TypesUse CasesDescriptions
Client Authoritative ModelHost (Client + Server)Coop Game SessionEnable Host Migration
Server Authoritative ModelServer OnlyCompetitive Game SessionDedicated Server
Dynamic Authoritative ModelAny (Client Build Only)Game are Coop and CompetitiveEnable Auto Authoritative Model

Last edited:
Awesome thanks, Yea i understand those aspects, I come from a background in backend and devops (mainly aws) engineering. I have setup scaleing for server side hostings. I've even had a client that required M$ playfab, but still insist on something more agnostic.

I would love to get my hands on and maybe see how I might be able to help or provide feedback. I dont need ride/drive actions, just movement and attack to see if i should continue down this avenue.

Have you run a poll or some feedback to gather thoughts of what people are interested in. I know i dont need full ucc support, and can understand that new stuff will come in time. I would love to get my hands on a mirror or fish net build.

Maybe run a poll to see what features and parts potential purchasers need. Just a suggestion.

Keep it up. And you can dm me if you wanna talk.

-D

I am not sure if I understand correctly, but are we discussing leaving out the "self"-Host option? 1687257218000.png
I really love that when I test, so I hope it's not that :)

Authoritative ModelsServer TypesUse CasesDescriptions
Client Authoritative ModelHost (Client + Server)Coop Game SessionEnable Host Migration
Server Authoritative ModelServer OnlyCompetitive Game SessionDedicated Server
Dynamic Authoritative ModelAny (Client Build Only)Game are Coop and CompetitiveEnable Auto Authoritative Model

That's great news! Keep it up.
I'm not sure i understand the "Dynamic Authoritative Model" though.

I agree that would be good to make a poll about what people want / are willing to pay for. In my case, i need the Server Authoritative with Fish Net.