Weapon Attachments Configuration for UFPS/FPC

So, just got off the phone with my doctors, and things look better thatn thought. No hopsitalization needed. I'll be starting an albuterol inhaler in the next day or so for a couple of months.

Thanks for listening. It was and is still that scariest medical occurrence both my wife and I had gone through.

Rob

I'm getting back on my feet, slowly, but surely. I'm taking the next few days to re-orient myself with normal day to day activities. Still not out of the woods completely, but i can tell i'm starting to get better as the days progress. My wife's doing better, she had to go back to work as of this morning, but luckily from home for the next few weeks.

I hope everyone had a safe, realizing and enjoyable holidays!

Here's to 2022, and finally getting a working weapon attachments system released!

Please stay safe, stay healthy, and keep on creating!!!

Happy Early New Year everyone!

Thank you @nathanj

It's greatly appreciated. I'm just glad to be back up and about, and getting back to work on this asset.

Sincerely,
Rbb

I know I'm still really far behind, but I'm hoping to have more accurate dates available within the next few days.

I'm working as efficiently as I possible can, these days. It's been a long time since I've worked with Unity's GUI, and I'm still wiring up configurations, for trying to make this as streamlined as possible.

Rob

I'm having to make some changes to the first release of v0.0.4. The first iteration will include all Attachment Types, except for Bayonets, Bi-pods, Launchers and Shotguns. Whats been causing delays currently is that I ran into Serialization issues with the Game Configurations and User Configurations. Game Configuration's will only be editable in the Editor. The Attachment Controller will be comprised of a Game Attachment Configuration and User Attachment Configuration (User Customizable Settings applied over top of the Game Attachment Configuration).

I'm running into some issues with how they're functions while I am testing.

My Road-map will be as follows, for the time being.

v0.0.4 (In Progress) - Fore Grips, Hand Guards (Rail Integration Systems), Lasers, Lights, Muzzles, Sights and Stocks, with limited UI Elements
v0.0.5 (T.B.D.) - Shotgun Attachments
v0.0.6 (T.B.D.) - Launcher Attachments
v0.0.7 (T.B.D.) - Bayonet Attachments
v0.0.8 (T.B.D.) - Bi-pod Attachments
v0.0.9 (T.B.D.) - Finalizing UI Elements
v1.0.0 (T.B.D.) - Hopefully before Unity 2035.1 is released...

I still have yet to determine a first attempt at release. I'm not expecting it to be perfect the very initial release, but it at least needs to be functional and user friendly. Each iterative release, until v1.0.0 will hopefully be less than 3-4 weeks after the previous release.

I've haven't been able to work everyday on development, due to some medical issues (Non-covid related), and am working to get back to being on daily.

Rob

I didn't mean to disappear on everybody; however, I had to replace 2 video cards and 1 ups system, and have been down for quite some time. My UPS system decided to short out one night, and take 2 video cards with it. Unfortunately, the UPS was about 4 years out of warranty, and didn't qualify for the System Protection Policy up to x amount of $, so I ended up having to pay out of pocket, and because it was a device failure, it wouldn't have qualified for a home insurance claim. Long story short, I'm almost back up and running, and finally getting around to resolving the Serialization Issues.

A lot of my equipment is/was old (Back from 2013), and I'm trying to replace it, it's just difficult to on disability. I'm still running on old FX Processors, 1600 MHz DDR3 memory, etc. Some have asked my why I don't set up a donations button via paypal on my website, and it's because I'm not comfortable accepting money at this point, because I have to keep moving the goal post and being so far behind on a project. It just doesn't feel right. I know what it's like to be burned by publishers that sell a project on the Asset Store, and then it disappears within x number of months, or the developer goes dark and doesn't provide updates. I feel like I've been unreliable over these last 12+ months.

I appreciate the patience, and you guys really are being patient. I'm hoping to get fully back up and running in the next week or so.

As of this late evening. I am scripting the Attachment Creators which will allow you to introduce your own attachments into the system. This can only be done within the Editor, for now. I still haven't been able to work on my sight, as I've been heads down on updating all of the logic and fixing the animation issues that I ran into before.

Rob

Justa quick update. I'm still working, slowly but surely. I hate to keep disappearing like that, but only wnat to post when I have made significant progress. In still testing integrations, and having to re-write code every now and then. Thie biggest hold-up is both the UI and trying to build my web site for support. I've been going through some training classes, as the last time I worked with the UI was during Unity 5x days, and some of Unity 2017.

The hard part is making sure that the toolset is functional and easy to use.

Rob

Ok, after some integration testing, I'm making a structural change to how the Weapons and Munitions are going to be paired. Originally, I had the following Items:

Inventory Attachment Settings => Attachments data => Created for specified Item Collection
Inventory Munitions Settings => Munitions data (Consumable Item Definition) => 1 per Consumable Item Definition found in Item Collection
Inventory Weapon Settings => Weapons data (Item Definition) => 1 per Item Definition/Consumable Item Definition pair found in Item Collection

I've modified the Inventory Weapon Settings to only track Item Definition, and created a breakout table, as follows:

Inventory Loadout Settings => Matched Pairing of Item Definition to Consumable Item Definition as defined in the Item Pickup prefabs.

It was found that some re-use the same Item Definition in multiple Pickup Prefabs, that use a different Consumable Item Definition.
for example, a UMP-9 (9mm chambered UMP) a UMP-10 (10mm chambered UMP) versus a UMP-40 (40 caliber chambered UMP)

I'm modifying the Serialized Settings to account for this, and am a few days away form wrapping this aspect up.

I'm still working on the UI and Web Site

This is taking a lot longer than expected, due to my disability affecting my ability to work over the last few months. This happens every few months, but I'm trying to deal with it as best as possible.

Again, thank you for the patience!

Ok, after some integration testing, I'm making a structural change to how the Weapons and Munitions are going to be paired. Originally, I had the following Items:

Inventory Attachment Settings => Attachments data => Created for specified Item Collection
Inventory Munitions Settings => Munitions data (Consumable Item Definition) => 1 per Consumable Item Definition found in Item Collection
Inventory Weapon Settings => Weapons data (Item Definition) => 1 per Item Definition/Consumable Item Definition pair found in Item Collection

I've modified the Inventory Weapon Settings to only track Item Definition, and created a breakout table, as follows:

Inventory Loadout Settings => Matched Pairing of Item Definition to Consumable Item Definition as defined in the Item Pickup prefabs.

It was found that some re-use the same Item Definition in multiple Pickup Prefabs, that use a different Consumable Item Definition.
for example, a UMP-9 (9mm chambered UMP) a UMP-10 (10mm chambered UMP) versus a UMP-40 (40 caliber chambered UMP)

I'm modifying the Serialized Settings to account for this, and am a few days away form wrapping this aspect up.

I'm still working on the UI and Web Site

This is taking a lot longer than expected, due to my disability affecting my ability to work over the last few months. This happens every few months, but I'm trying to deal with it as best as possible.

Again, thank you for the patience!
This system sounds exactly like what i need, do you have a release date in the near future? This sounds great!

This system sounds exactly like what i need, do you have a release date in the near future? This sounds great!
I have given some dates, previously; however, I get delayed due to ongoing issues with my disability. The road map I've laid out, still holds trues, order wise. I'm working as fast as possible, but am holding back on giving any more deliverable dates until I can firm them up.

Keep checking back here, as this is where I post all progress updates!

Rob

I have given some dates, previously; however, I get delayed due to ongoing issues with my disability. The road map I've laid out, still holds trues, order wise. I'm working as fast as possible, but am holding back on giving any more deliverable dates until I can firm them up.

Keep checking back here, as this is where I post all progress updates!

Rob
Will do, take your time! Hope things get better with you soon!

Ok, I'm down to the last steps of debugging, and have run into some serialization/de-serialization issues, and hope to have these resolved soon. Sorry for the long delays, I have been working diligently, and had to do some re-designing after a couple of Microsoft .Net updates that affected the .Net Framework v4.7.1, which is what unity 2019.4 is tied to, and not 4.7.2 which would be preferred. I'm not sure if Unity has updated any of the Unity Editors to use v4.7.2 as of yet, but
I'll keep checking on it.

This is coming, and it's been a long journey, I know some have had lost hope, but I'm still here, and coding!

Rob

Guys, I am truly sorry regarding how long this is taking, and I wanted to really get this out before UCC v3.0 was released. I've been undergoing eye injections and corrective surgeries for vision impairment and loss over the last few months. I am going to keep working on this for v2.4 through v2.4.9 of the UCC, FPC, TPC, and UFPS.

I know this seems like a simple project, but there's a lot of complexity around writing controllers for different attachments with different functions, adding in necessary animations, and etc.

I truly am sorry and feel like I really let everyone down who was looking forward to this asset. I am still working on it, but haven't even had a chance to look at v3.0 of the updated assets.

Rob