Recent content by NostromoKhan

1. N

Configuring Shootable Actions for Infinite Ammo and Custom Energy Ammo System

ok thanks, i don't own it but ill take a look, thanks!
  2. N

awesome, thanks for the replies, ill take a look at CanStartUseItem, thanks!
  3. N

bump, any idea on how i can get the reload animation to not be required and to get a no clip scenario setup...so its just essentially unlimited ammo without clip/reloading. also, is there a way to override the onfire or is there a canfire type method to override so someone can check to see...
  4. N

Issues with Implementing Continuous Jetpack Ability in UCC

Thanks Justin for the reply. Ok I just marked solved after a couple more hours of experimentation. I found the ActiveInputEvent.Type.LongPress - it was LongPress that i was missing. I was using ButtonDown on my event handling. LongPress for the Win. The TLDR of the entire thread is (from my...
  5. N

Confirmed - it does not work. Ok so summary of issue is below - if there is no way forward due to limitations or if this is not supported I am totally fine with it. Regardless, here are my observations: Requirement: Jet Pack ability to AddForce continuously while a key is held down. State...
  6. N

hmm ok thanks for the reply...i think i've done that already. Whenever m_CharacterLocomotion.AddForce is called within update - something in m_CharacterLocomotion.AddForce prevents it from being called multiple times (each Update) and it prevents it from being called while in mid-air....i had...
  7. N

Bump - hoping to get a response on how to do repeated AddForce while a key is being pressed, is it possible? Im so close to completing the jetpack, thanks!
  8. N

I'm currently working with the ShootableAction component to create various weapons. I'm facing two main issues and would greatly appreciate any help or guidance. Issue 1: Infinite Ammo and No Reload Action for Shootable Items I want to create a weapon that essentially has infinite ammo and...
  9. N

Thank you so much for the reply! I am making significant progress! By using ActiveEventInput - AddForce can be applied WHILE IN MID AIR! Thanks you so much! The InputIndex init was causing me headaches so i used your suggestion to just hardcode it to [0]. Thanks! The first of my 2 problems...
  10. N

ok Thanks Silver. So with my latest code snippet did you need to mess around with all the eventing? The ActionInputEvent stuff and registering events and InputIndex etc?
  11. N

awesome, thanks for the reply ill check it out! (several hours later trying to get m_Handler/InputIndex to work). I have this code here and i can't figure out how to set or configure InputIndex correctly. I have my input configured (and tested it in the previous tests and the f key works just...
  12. N

The force is getting applied sufficiently but only 1 single time. It's not continuous. I would liek continuous application of force WHILE im holding a key down. I need it to apply force while mid air (which i assume if the ability system could detect im holding down the key it would just keep...
  13. N

hmm, thanks for the reply. I implemented exactly as you showed but the ability doens't kick off/work/execute now. I'll keep playing with other methods too.
  14. N

I am working on creating a jetpack ability using Opsive's UCC and I've run into two specific issues that I'm hoping to get help with: Applying Force in Mid-Air: The jetpack ability currently only applies force when the character is grounded. I need the ability to apply continuous upward force...
  15. N

Pointers on Third Party Projectile Asset packs with UCC Weapons/Rifles?

Edit: Please ignore - fixed. Solution: for some reason the UCC tool that creates the muzzle and projectile game objects to be used with UCC set the position in way off distances. I set these prefabs back to 0,0,0. All is well - so far. Now off to Damage and Hit vfx Instantiation. Hey...